How Could A Girl Face 20 Years For Licking Ice Cream When Brock Turner Got 6 Months?
News

Don't worry, they recovered the ice cream carton.

775

If you have been on any news channel or social media platform you have seen the face of a 17-year-old woman from Texas. Due to this young woman being a juvenile, police officers have decided to keep her name anonymous.

The 17-year-old woman is now facing years in prison for a video of her in a local Walmart taking a carton of Blue Bell ice cream, licking it and placing it back in the cooler for someone to later purchase. Social media was in disgust as her video soon became viral with 11 million views.

Before police forces realized she was a juvenile they said she could face up to 20 years in prison but now the case is in the hands of Texas Juvenile Justice Department.

She would have been arrested for second-degree felony tampering.

Not only would she have been arrested but she has caused a panic nation wide. Blue Bell ice cream did state that they were able to use security footage to remove the ice cream carton before it was sold.

Many people on social media were quick to compare her supposed sentence to other popular criminal cases. It didn't take long for the case of 19-year-old Brock Turner to come up and compare his six-month sentence to the 'Blue Bell Licker's' possible 20-year sentence. Brock Turner was sentenced to six months in prison and three years of probation following on five accounts of sexual assault. His first two counts were withdrawn by prosecution although his last three Turner was found guilty and then sentenced.

The question of why would someone like Brock Turner get six months for sexual assault and a 17-year-old get up to 20 years in prison for licking ice cream?

Although the police do not intend to charge her, charges can still be made against her through the Juvenile Justice Department? Any crime is serious but many find one of these more impactful than the other. Why the Blue Bell licker might face more time behind bars than Brock Turner is unknown. It might be morally wrong in some eyes. Maybe the justice system is too different and changes will need to be made. Only time will truly tell.