How Will I Survive Summer Without My College Friends?

And when the stress of college and the school work no longer exists and we are free to breathe for a moment, the people we want to spend these moments with are many miles away.

17
Favim

College has fortunately brought into my life some of the most wonderful people I've ever met. I have formed unbreakable bonds with the kindest of souls. I have met some of my best friends that I now feel I couldn't possibly under any circumstances live without. Circumstances including that of summertime coming upon us. College can be completely stressful, but it is also one of the greatest experiences of your life with some of the greatest people. It is a time when you're finding yourself and, unlike high school, you value people for more than just a place to sit at lunch, but more so for a connection. You begin to make friendships that are based on more than just gossiping but people you can actually vibe with and relate to. I have made some of the most unforgettable memories and had some of the best nights with people I have come to know and love here at college.

Summertime is what we're all anticipating year round. When it's here we're relishing in it and when it's not we wish we were. We spend all year posting throwback pictures on Instagram about how we can't wait to be back on the beach and sporting a tan. It's nothing but stress free good times and tan lines. College has brought me my favorite people and with summer comes my favorite time of year. However, how am I supposed to have one without the other? I am actually dreading the thought of being done with school and having my closest friends return to their hometowns.

What good are late nights and days by the pool if I can't share them with the people that I love the most? How will I survive if my best friends aren't a short distance away at all times? What will I do if I can't call up my friend and tell her to come over at 2 AM? The summer that I dream up is like college part 2 except no school and lots of sun.

If you ask me, something is rather unfair about meeting some of your favorite people and closest friends, and then going separate ways. We are forced to balance a night of fun knowing we have class at 8 in the morning. And when the stress of college and the school work no longer exists and we are free to breathe for a moment, the people we want to spend these moments with are many miles away.