This Is How You Win The Bachelor

This Is How You Win The Bachelor

You may be kept around for a bit if you're an Olivia, Chad, or Corrine, but you'll never end up being the winner.

790
This Is How You Win The Bachelor
desireehartsock.com

This one's for all of my fellow Bachelor and Bachelorette fans -- and I mean those who also watch Paradise and know who Ashley and JP are, not just the ones jumping in for round 4 of Nick. I've watched the series for years now and there always seems to be a formula on how to end up in the final 4 for both the men and the women in this show. So if you're thinking of going to a casting call near you, here are some tips for when you get to the mansion.

1. The First Impression Rose

In the past 3 seasons (Kaitlyn, Ben, and JoJo), the final winner has been the individual who received the first impression rose. As in Shawn Booth, Lauren B, and Jordan Rogers: all of these couples are still together to this day as well. While this may not be a guaranteed ace in the hole, it's pretty spectacular to know you stuck out amongst 25+ other attractive individuals.

2. Avoid Drama

The hardest thing to do by far on this show. Although you may be kept around for a bit if you're an Olivia, Chad, or Corrine, you'll never end up being the winner. You make the audience cringe and eventually EVERYONE is fed up with your act. You also leave the mansion with no friends and no fans.

3. Be a Crowd Favorite

Be someone like Becca or Kaitlyn or Carly who is relatable AF because they say what's on the audience's mind (and speak up for those in the household). Plus they'll do it to your face as well as in the back room camera interviews for all of us at home to laugh along.

4. Do Something Unique

Yes, stepping out of a limo to a mansion in a tux or floor length gown SHOULD be enough to catch someone's attention but it's just not in this case. Try riding in on a camel because you "like humps" or arriving in a giant tooth go-kart because you're a dental hygienist.

5. Tone It Down

The ones who are drunk and rambling night one, taking off their tops, having the audience remember their name DAY ONE are never the ones who end up in the final four. The classy, quiet ones always rise to the top. They truly begin to shine once they get comfortable in the house around weeks 2 or 3. So keep an eye out for a diamond in the rough in the upcoming episodes!

6. Don't Be a Snitch

You have such limited time with the Bachelor and Bachelorette during your one on one moments: DO NOT WASTE IT. You don't want to look like you're always involved in drama and they don't want to hear about your endless issues with every other soul on the season. So just hold your tongue unless it's some serious issue like someone having a dual personality.

7. Prepare Them for Your Lifestyle

If you're lucky enough to make it to the final 4, then you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to introduce The Bachelor to your family. No one likes going into these blindsided, whether they have a TV crew or not. Sit down with them in some of your one on one time BEFORE they come to your hometown and let them know what your family is like while getting to know theirs. This also lowers the chance of intense incompatibility (leading to no rose for you) because he discovers your sister is psychotic.

When thinking of my own advice, I have created my own Final 4 Bachelor Bracket for Nick's season. My final 4 includes Vanessa the Special Education teacher from Canada, Alexis the Shark from New Jersey, Corinne the Psycho from Florida, and Taylor the Mental Health Counselor from Seattle.

Who are your Hometown Picks?