Q & A With Wills From "The Bachelorette"

I Sat Down With 'Bachelorette' Star, Wills, For A Little Q&A About Life After Reality TV

Catching up with my favorite guy from Becca's season, Wills!

2704

I was so starstruck writing this!! I am one of the biggest Bachelor/ette/BIP fangirls ever and this interview was just an awesome experience! Wills was on Becca's season of "The Bachelorette" and then was on "Bachelor in Paradise" the following summer! He is LA native with an insane sense of fashion! I was curious what he has been up to so I'm sure you are too!

What was more fun? "The Bachelorette" or "Bachelor in Paradise?"

"'Bachelorette' by far! I had zero expectations going in and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience I had. "BIP" was cut very short for me and due to that I was disappointed."

Why did you decide to apply to be on the show in the first place?

"I didn't apply! I was recruited as I was walking back to work from Target. A casting director ran me down and asked if I was single! Definitely one of the crazier moments of my life and it's led me here!"

Where do you get your style inspiration?

"This is kind of hard for me to answer, lol! I try new things out with the clothes I have and just roll with it! Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and say 'Should I…?' Usually, I decide if I'm confident, I can pull it off. I'm really into black hoodies right now and track pants."

Who are some of your best friends that you keep in touch with from the show?

"Christon, Jason, Blake, Garrett, and Nick. I try to reach out to most of the boys from time to time though."

Do you still make money on endorsements/appearances?

"I have been fortunate to be considered for collaborations with brands and I truly enjoy working with them. It's an experience I never thought I would have and I love creating content for my fan base."

Do you still have a “real” job?

"I have freelance design jobs that I still do, yes."

Did you watch Colton's season and what did you think?

"What struck me the most was after a lot of the drama and antics, was the emotional maturity and confidence of these women. It's not easy to be rejected, it's even harder to do in front of cameras and millions of viewers. I tip my hat off to each and every one of them because that takes a lot of character."

Do you get recognized when you go out?

"I do get recognized but it doesn't always happen. There are days where I get recognized a lot and days where I don't get recognized at all. Either way is fine with me and I make sure to greet every fan with humility, kindness, and respect. That is extremely important to me, I don't believe myself to be better than anyone and I will always have time to take a picture and have a quick chat."

Would you have been "The Bachelor" if they asked you?

"Hypotheticals are always hard to answer, I would have definitely sat down with my family to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. I think it's safe to say my season would be unlike any other season for many reasons and I would have to take that into account. Am I up to the scrutiny that will follow? Am I ready to lead a season? Am I capable to handle the emotional highs and lows of 30 women and my own? Are you comfortable being responsible for these women's hearts, for better or for worse? If I could answer those positively with confidence, then my decision would be much easier."

Will you be back in Paradise this year/any crushes from Colton’s season?

"I'm not sure if I'll be back. I had a terrible experience last time and I felt extremely let down. I didn't feel like anyone wanted my happiness. I felt unwanted and not needed. I've bounced back and feel great now but that's a question I need to ask myself: Am I willing to risk those same feelings for the possibility of finding my forever?

As far as crushes go, I've decided to keep those desires more secret now. What I can tell you is several women definitely intrigue me, and there is one who I never considered but the way she handled being dumped, the way she spoke her mind and her post-show interviews are indicative of the characteristics I would love to find in my future wife."

Wills then spilled on Ashley I and Ben's podcast, "Almost Famous", that this person was Katie. Sorry Wills, lol.

Are you dating anyone now?

"I'm casually dating right now, it's been a bit difficult because I don't know what their intentions are. I subscribe to the school of "show me how you feel, don't tell me." I take a lot of notice in the small and subtle things and I'd like to think I'm a good judge of character. That being said, I'm having fun and if something organic and more concrete comes along, I'm absolutely here for it!"

And then, because Wills is the absolute best, he threw in a,

"GO BLUE! LET'S WIN THIS TOURNAMENT AND THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN FOOTBALL THIS YEAR!"

Which is all that needs to be said!