5 Life Hacks To Make Waking Up Early Actually Not Suck
Wellbeing

So you decided to take an 8 a.m. M-W-F class this semester... woof!

141

I'm not a morning person, and if you're reading this, you probably aren't either. No matter how many hours of sleep I get, I still wake up feeling like a piece of trash that was kicked ten times and left out in the rain. It's not a pretty sight. Anyways, to make waking up a little less sucky, I've picked up some helpful tips, and they've totally changed my morning game.

1. Change your alarm to your favorite song

I think we can all agree that the default alarm sound on the iPhone is straight from hell. Nothing irks me more than having to wake up to it. That's why I changed it to one of my favorite songs, "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift. Now, instead of wanting to throw my phone upon waking up I find myself singing along as I get ready in the morning. Give it a try. You might be surprised the difference a new sound could make in whether or not you wake up on the right or wrong side of the bed.

2. Get slippers

You can't be grouchy when your feet are comfortable AF. It's a fact. (That I made up…) But trust me! It works. As soon as I get out of bed I slip on my slippers, and I immediately feel better, even if I'm super tired. I got mine on Amazon, but you can find them anywhere. Here's some from TJ Maxx.

3. Have a beauty routine

Did you know that practicing self-care can improve your mood? It's true! Taking a few minutes every morning to give yourself some "you" time will positively impact your day. Now, your self-care routine has to be reasonable with your schedule. Not everyone has the time to meditate for an hour. I definitely don't. But I do usually have 5 minutes to spare. This is when I moisturize my face, put on an eye mask, and stretch. It's a small routine, but it's something I look forward to every morning, and it helps me not to be a grouchy betch.

4. Prepare ahead of time

There's nothing more stressful than trying to get ready in a time crunch, especially when you're half awake. If you have something scheduled early in the AM, do yourself a favor and get everything ready the night before. Lay out what you're going to wear, prepare your food, and make sure all of the extra stuff you might need is packed in your backpack or bag. This will save you so much time and make mornings a lot less stressful.

5. Drink Coffee

If you're a coffee junky, you can even prepare that ahead of time. Heard of iced coffee? Yup! It's a godsend for early birds. All you have to do is buy some cold brew packs. I get mine at Starbucks. Make it the night before, then bam, your coffee is ready for you in the morning. All you need is some ice cubes. Talk about easy!