Seven Ideas To Tidy Up

7 Ways To Tidy Up Your Life

Seven ideas to make your space more organized and efficient.

mccall
mccall
58

Keeping a tidy house is not only good for your physical health, breathing in clean air and all, but an efficient space also allows energy to move freely, which raises the vibration of your environment. Organization is also healthy for the mind as you will know where things are in your home and your home will always look presentable. Creating an aesthetic, original to you and your home, will draw you into the space and make you feel confident in your home.

1. Establish a place for your keys

In my home, I have a little gold shelf where I can easily toss my keys everyday. That way, my keys fit in with the decor and I always know where they are.

2. Vow to the vacuum

Setting sometime aside that dedicates one vacuuming per week (at least); finishing off the whole place in an hour one Sunday or breaking it apart throughout the week.

3. Organize the fridge

I can't tell you how happy I feel when my fridge is organized and presentable; who doesn't want an efficient fridge so it's easy to get yourself more food?! I usually organize snacks together, fruit all in one place, and then I have other items organized by meal. This is just an example, but the main idea behind this is to have an accessible, non-cluttered, space to store the food thats going to feed your body.

4. Have a place for the notebooks

Being a student, or not, it's nice to have a notebook accessible to you at all times. I like to keep a notebook in my living room. Instead of leaving it on my coffee table 24/7, I have created a space to store a few school books that I use daily and a composition notebook or two so that the books are stored neatly and don't draw energy away from the room. I keep these items stack on a shelf by my front door.

5. Fold up

I like to keep the blankets in my living room nicely folded and stacked on the couch or an ottoman. The intention is to keep the space looking well-kept, but still comfy. I also have a wire basket to hold other blankets that I don't use daily. The blankets become part of the decor, rather than looking messing.

6. Wipe down

Wiping down the counters really keeps the energy moving in a space and creates a sharp, clean look to the room. I recommend using reusable tools to wipe down your coffee tables, side tables, and counters; I use a washcloth, slightly damp, with a little lemon or lavender essential oils. If they are really dirty, I will swap the oils for a little cleaning vinegar and diffuse some oils instead.

7. Burn Sage or Palo Santo

Both Sage and Palo Santo are known for detoxifying a room. They cleanse the air and release a high-vibration aroma to add some flavor to your home.