How To Tell If It's A Fling Or The Real Thing

86

We've all experienced it at least once—the summer fling, the "talking" phase that never took it to the next step, or the boyfriend who didn't stick around for long. Wouldn't it be great if the jerks and those fearful of commitment came with warning labels?

There are two types of guys when it comes to starting a relationship; there are the guys who are just bored, and there are the guys who truly want to be with you. If the man in your life doesn't want your relationship to develop into something serious, then your gut should be telling you to run for the hills. Recognize the signs early on.

Nine out of 10 times, your friends are right if they're telling you to ditch his butt and move on, because they're not overlooking the things that you are. For instance, they'll recognize if he's just using you while you're busy making up excuses for the fact that he wanted to celebrate your one-week anniversary with sex. Also, if he's afraid to talk about the deep and important stuff with you, like family or the future, then he isn't going to make you happy. Let's face it; forever and always isn't just the repetitive, "Hey," "Wyd," "Cool," and "ily." If he always acts distant, it's probably because he's not interested. The biggest sign that you two won't work out is if you're not comfortable with him. If you feel awkward when you're alone with him, then how do you expect to be his girlfriend?

Sometimes a girl gets lucky and finds her forever person. How do you know if the guy you're with is going to outlast the honeymoon phase? He sticks around when you need a shoulder to cry on because you're arguing with your parents. Not only does he do everything he can to make you feel better when you're upset, but you would do the same for him. If you guys have a fight but can't even remember what it was about a few days later, then he just might be hubby material. Since it's not always about looks, you shouldn't feel like you have to apply 10 pounds of makeup if he's just coming over for dinner; he should make you feel beautiful even if you have a pimple the size of Canada on your forehead. Most importantly, if he's the "real thing," then he won't only be your boyfriend—he'll be your best friend.

Is it true that there's someone out there for everyone? Are soulmates a real thing? You'll never know if you keep sticking with the bad boys, so don't be afraid to call it off when he acts like he's too busy to commit or looks for excuses to break up every other week. But if he makes you happy by simply existing, then girl, you better hold onto what you've got, because some of us are still searching for that.

From Your Site Articles