summer romance fling

The Games Begin

A chapter from Wren's story. 18+

1376
The Games Begin

Knock. Knock. Knock.

It was too early for visitors, especially after what happened last night. I was thankful that no one had seen our fight or that kiss. Just the reminder of his lips, the taste of mint and citrus lingered for a second.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Whoever this was obviously was not going to leave until someone answered the door. I got out of bed and tossed on my slippers and robe. Lauren’s bedroom door was closed so I assumed she was sleeping through the annoying banging. I made my way down the hall to the front door and when I opened it, I couldn’t hold back my surprise.

Ocean blue eyes devoured every thought I had as I took in the imagine in front of me. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt looking casual but still delicious. His hair was wind blow which I assumed was from where he went to retrieve the iced coffee in his right hand and the white paper bag in his left.

“Good morning, Sunshine.” He said with a smile.

“You do realize it’s eight in the morning, right?” I couldn’t believe he was awake and chipper right now. We had arrived back at the villas well after two in the morning and he appeared as if he had slept a full eight-hours last night. I on the other hand wanted nothing more than to crawl back into my bed.

“I brought breakfast.” He replied with a tilt of his head and a mischievous shimmer passed over his features. “May I come in?”

I froze. It wasn’t that I didn’t want him to come in. I could already feel my heartbeat increasing and the sleepiness I felt earlier was slowing being replaced by the fire burning through me. I must have removed my hand from my robe as I was standing, and the two halves separated to reveal my short shorts and tank top. No bra. No underwear. His gaze slowly took in every inch of me starting from my toes and working its way upward. By the time his gaze reached my breasts my nipples were already hard enough to cut diamonds. When his eyes landed back on mine the fire in them was molten.

I cleared my throat and shifted to recover myself. “I guess you may.” I tried with everything I had to hold the conviction in my voice, and I was proud when I heard it. A little shaky but not noticeable. I stepped to the side, and he walked in placing the bag and coffee on the entry table.

We stood there staring at each other for what felt like hours but in reality it was only seconds. I wasn’t sure what to say or if I should say anything, so I opted for the safest thing.

“Thank you for breakfast.” Nothing could go wrong with that. He had brought me coffee and an egg everything bagel with bacon scallion cream cheese. It was my absolute favorite breakfast and the fact that my coffee was perfect only made the sight absolutely divine.

“You’re welcome.” He said and took a step toward me. “About last night...” He let the words settle in the air between us before he continued. “I realize that what I did all those years ago was wrong and I know that it hurt you and broke the trust you had in me. But I promise you that I will do whatever I have to in order to prove you can trust me again. No matter how long it takes.”

I let his words linger for a moment while I contemplated my response. But did I really want to miss the opportunity to enjoy this even if it was just for a little while. In four days, we would both go back to separate lives in separate worlds and never think of one another again. I could spend the next for days ridding him of my system and be ready to return to a world where every guy didn’t feel like settling. It was the perfect idea but how did one go about proposing it.

I took a deep steadying breath before I replied. “I have a proposition for you.” His eyes lit up again and the blues shimmered at the prospect of not being completely shut down. “We are here for four more days. I didn’t bring a date; you didn’t bring a date. I propose we enjoy the next four days and see what happens. No expectations, no commitments, no strings. It’s all I can give you right now.”

His eyes went dark, and I could feel the tension building between us. If he agreed the games would begin if he didn’t then we both walked away no harm no foul. I wasn’t about to let him know what I was doing but I also wasn’t going to set either of us up for heart ache. Honesty up front was always best.

“And if I reject these terms?” He asked his tone was deeper than usual almost as if a darkness had mixed into his normally happy soul.

“Then we both walk away. No harm no foul we go on with our lives. We interact when we have to and that’s it.” I couldn’t tell if my butterflies were a product of being nervous about our conversation or nervous about the way he was looking at me now. Desire burned in his eyes, but the rest of his face remained as still as stone. He could have passed for a statue.

He took a step toward me, and then another. He was so close, and I could already feel the heat of his body warming my skin. He paused inches from my face. I kept my head looking at my shoes, I was afraid to meet his eye, afraid to see what the answer would be.

“Look at me Sunshine.” He said it so softly I also thought I imagined it but his fingers under my chin slowly tilting my face upward reassured me that it was real.

When my eyes finally met his I could see the normally calm blue oceans raging a war inside. “I’ll play your little game Sunshine, but I want to add a rule of my own.” Mischief once again flickered across his face and in a moment the statue and his raging eyes calmed.

“Okay. I’m listening.” God. Why did I sound so breathless. I had been single for years and not once did I ever sound so desperate in my life.

Don’t you remember. Please. Please. The images flickered before my eyes for just a second as if every memory of what I had locked in the box flooded my mind for a quick slideshow. The breathless sounds, the pleading words that ended on moans, the desperate ache I kept locked away because no one could make me feel that way except him. I shook my head to rid the thoughts and focus back on the man in front of me. He must have felt what I did because his body shifted and I was now surrounded by him, the small entry table at my back and his arms on either side of me.

“I want more than four days. Give me four dates. We can count the wedding as the first and then schedule the other three at times that work.” He flashed me his crooked smile and he must have known the affect it had on me. “What do you say?”

Four dates. Really three because the first one is already something I planned on doing. There was a good chance I would never see him again after this trip but if I agreed to this the chances of that happening definitely slimmed. But the chance still remained and who's to say after this weekend I have to indulge in this anymore. I reminded myself that this was for detoxing and once I got him out of my system walking away wouldn’t be an issue.

“Fine. I agree to four dates. When do we...” I couldn’t finish the sentence because his mouth came crashing down on mine with a ferocity that felt like a bomb going off. His hands now settled on my hips, and I could taste the citrus and mint that had been a comfort for so many years. I moaned as his tongue slipped between my lips and began its assault. His hands began to explore running up and down my sides from my tips to just below my breasts. I bit at his lower lip, and he pinched at my hip. I was falling back into the comfortable rhythm. His hands began to work my breasts the roughness a harsh contrast to the soft sensitive skin. His hands began to move down my stomach, and I felt myself clench with the anticipation. It wasn’t until I heard the click of a bedroom door that I remembered what was happening again. Lauren was here, this wasn’t my home.

Josh must have felt what I did because he pulled back and leaned his forehead against mine. We were both breathing hard and the tension between us was so intense I thought with one wrong move we would both combust into a million pieces.

“Wren are you out here.” Lauren called as she appeared in the hallway. She stopped when she saw us in the entry way. Her eyes zeroing in on Josh’s hands on my hips and the two of us very much together.

“Good morning, Lauren.” Josh said as he removed his hands and moved to grab the paper bag behind me. “I brought you a blueberry muffin.”

“Well, aren’t you sweet but my real question isn’t if you brough breakfast Josh it’s why your filthy dirtbag hands are on my best friend.” Lauren wasn’t mean by nature, but she was with me after Josh, and I broke up and she knew how deeply he destroyed me. I wanted to discuss my proposition with her before I made it to Josh but he showed up and well here we are.

I walked toward the two of them. The anger was rolling of Lauren and her five foot two frame was trying it’s best to appear intimidating.

“Lauren, may I speak with you for just a minute.” I tried my best to sound calm, but I was slowly beginning to regret everything that just happened.

I decided the best thing to do was diffuse the situation do it fast. “It’ll be just a minute. Excuse us.” I grabbed Lauren’s arm and practically dragged her out of the hall and into her bedroom.

“I can explain” I started to say the rest of what I had rehearsed last night but she cut me off.

“What is he even doing here! How does he know which villa we are in? Is he stalking you now? God he can’t just leave well enough alone. Who does he think he is! Just because you are here doesn’t mean he can...” She was rambling and I know it was because she was worried about me.

“Laur.” I grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face me. “Look at me. Do I look upset?”

“No. But you...” I stopped her before she could go on.

“I made a deal with him. I’ve tried for the last ten years to figure out what was missing, why everything feels like settling. He found me last night after dinner and he told me he was sorry, he fucked up and he wants a second chance.” I let the words sink in before I continued. “I don’t know what I need or want from him, but I can feel that it needs to happen. Four dates starting with this weekend's wedding, a trial run if you will. I’m hoping I can shake off any residual feelings I have and finally move on.” I tried to add as much conviction to the last part of my statement. I wasn’t about to allow myself to make the same mistake twice.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She looked so concerned but I could tell he wasn’t angry anymore.

“I’m sure!” I tried to be as bright and bubbly as possible but her knowing glance told me she saw right through me.

“I’ll be here if you need me love.” We exited her room and found Josh lounging on the sofa in the living room.

“Let’s try this again shall we.” I said when we sat down.

“Good morning, Josh. How are you?” Lauren asked with a smile but the sweetness in her voice made it sound too sweet and forced and her smile didn’t reach her eyes.

“I’m doing well. Had a nice jog this morning and found a café where I got the breakfast, I brought with me. The surrounding towns are gorgeous.”

“Thank you for breakfast. That was very...thoughtful.” What she said was nice but the way she said it was still filled with distrust.

“I’ll leave you two to finish whatever it was you were doing. Wren we have the bach party at 7 tonight don’t forget.” She exited the villa without waiting for my reply. She was probably going over to Mindy’s to tell her what she just witnessed and then I would have to explain myself to the both of them later. But honestly, I couldn’t blame them, and I would explain myself and I had a chance to process what was happening. For now, I was just glad that interaction was over. Lauren would settle down and everything would be fine. The sound of Josh’s voice returned me to the present moment. The look in his eyes reminded me of what exactly Lauren almost walked in on.

“So...” He drawled as his fingers tip toed up my thigh.

“Yes?” I could feel the electricity beginning to form between us again. Slowly building up tension.

The unanswered question hung in the air between us. Something deep inside me stirred to life. A piece of myself that only Josh had ever seen. A piece of myself that had been waiting for his return.

“Sir?” I said it seductively letting the word settle on my tongue after staying silent for so long.

The light hearted man who always lit up the room was replaced in an instant by the dominating force that stole every ounce of pleasure from me for five years and left me so broken that no man could replace him since. I knew in that moment I was in deep shit but for the first time in years I actually felt excited to be with someone again.

“Where is your room?” I went to answer with words, but he stood and took my hand in his telling me that he wanted me to show him not tell him. We walked down the hallway passing Lauren’s room and finally landed on mine. I opened the door and walked through, he followed and softly closed the door behind him.

He strode to the opposite side of the room and turned to look around. I assumed all the rooms in the villas looked similar but maybe his was different. The big windows filled the room with sunlight which only made him look more perfect than I thought possible. His blue eyes sparkled in the sun like blue topaz gems, but it only took me a second to realize that the sunlight wasn’t what made the sparkle it was the fire burning behind them as he slowly took me in.

“Take off your clothes.” His voice remained neutral but something about the way he looked at me told me to follow his command. I slowly stripped off my robe, followed by my tank top, and then my shorts made their way to the pile on the floor. Instinctively I went to cover myself but when I looked at Josh and saw the deep hooded eyes slowly taking in every inch of me, I felt so powerful I didn’t want to hide. He stalked toward me each foot fall absorbed by the rug beneath our feet. We were only mere inches apart now and I could feel myself already getting wet. His looks alone could give me an orgasm. I really needed to work on that. I didn’t have time to finish that thought because he lowered his head to my neck and his lips trailed kisses from the base to just below my ear. He pulled away only to replace his lips with the sound of his breath as he whispered.

“You are so beautiful. I can’t decide what I want to taste first...” he paused like he was assessing his options. Then as if the perfect idea came to him, he brought his lips to mine. Softly and slowly opening me up. One hand worked its way to the back of my next angling my head so he could deepen the kiss the other began to travel down my torso. I assumed he would stop at my breasts, but he continued south passing between the two leaving a fire in his trail. I arched myself forward hoping he would take the signal, but he only bit my lip in warning. His hand kept moving till it between my thighs. He kicked my legs apart with his legs and dipped his fingers inside. I moaned as he made contact and then whimpered when he withdrew a second later and broke our kiss at the same time.

“Get on the bed Princess.” His voice was thick with lust and desire, and it took me a second to remember how to move my limbs again. I walked toward the bed and climbed up not sure how he wanted me to position myself. “Relax.” he answered my unspoken doubts. That was one of the things I loved about Josh I didn’t have to speak about everything, when it came to this, he could read me like a book. He pushed me back, so I was laying on my back and climbed on top of me.

“I want to take this slow Princess. I want to ease back into this. It’s been a while for me, and I don’t want to lose control.” The genuine honesty that hung on every word slowly melted away the frozen block around my heart. “Same safe word?” He asked.

I nodded in agreement.

“I need to hear you say it Princess.” The words weren’t formed as a command, but the message was implied. This was something he always did before we played, he would confirm my safe word by making me say it. I’m not sure what but it always helped me to calm down when all the excitement of the scene was about to begin.

“Tarantula” I said the word softly and slowly. I am and think I will always be afraid of spiders so when I chose my safe word, I chose a word that would break the moment entirely.

“Good girl.” He said and he lowered his lips to mine. This time the soft delicate touch was replaced by urgency and desire. I wrapped my arms around his neck and bit and his lips while he rolled my breasts in his hands. Each touch sent waves of fire through my veins, igniting the need that had long slept dormant.

“Let’s see if you’re ready for me.” The cool air replaced his hands on my breasts, but I only thought about it for a second because a fire was igniting between my legs as he lowered himself from my lips and dropped between my legs. His tongue began its slow assault teasing my clit before darting between my lips. My breaths became shallower and the need in my core was building. His tongue picked up speed and began to focus solely on my clit. Nipping and flicking as one then two fingers pumped inside me.

Before long, my moans and whimpers were filling the room and made a perfectly melody with the sound of his finger pumping in and out of me. I was so caught up in the moment about to lose myself in a mind-blowing moment of ecstasy when he stopped. I whimpered at the sudden emptiness between my legs, but it was soon replaced by his hips.

“I think you’re ready for me Princess.” He placed my legs on his shoulders and slowly entered me. Each inch stretching me out till he was all the way in.

“You’re so tight Princess. It’s like you were made for me and me alone.” He pumped in and out slowly increasing his rhythm and taking me back to the high I was riding before. My eyes began to flutter, my moans grew louder. I was desperate for release, but he kept me on edge slowing down every time I got close.

“Please.” I begged.

“Please what Princess.”

“Please. I need to... Oh god.” I tried to form the words, but my brain was mush. I needed to cum and even as I was begging he continued to toy with me. Changing his pace to make me lose my thoughts.

“Use your words, Princess. What do you need?” He lowered his hand and pinched my clit. My entire body clammed down on him. So close.

“Please. I need to cum. Ple...” The word was cut off by my strangled moan as he reached a spot I didn’t know existed. He rubbed my clit ferociously while he slammed into me with a punishing rhythm. My eyes were locked shut and I was so close, but I could feel him starting to slow again.

“Open your eyes Princess I want to see you when you come undone for me. I want to own each and every one of your orgasms.” My eyes flew open and the man staring back at me took my breath away. Desire and something else burned in his eyes and I was about to lose myself in them when he slammed into the secret spot only, he could find. “Cum for me Princess.”

My orgasm ripped through me like a category five hurricane destroying anything except Josh. He continued his assault as I rode out my orgasm bringing me back to the edge once more before dropping my legs from his shoulders and bringing his lips to mine. The tenderness of his kiss in combination with the aggression of his thrusts pushed me over and fireworks went off behind my eyes. Josh groaned into my mouth and came with me as we both fell into oblivion.