13 Signs You Just Might Be An Empath

13 Signs You Just Might Be An Empath

Get ready for really getting into all of your feels.

1014
13 Signs You Just Might Be An Empath
Elise Parker

Do you often feel deeply tuned in to the feelings of people around you? Do crowds make you uncomfortable? Would you (or the people closest to you) describe yourself as a sensitive person?

If so, then congrats, you just might be an empath.

Being highly sensitive to emotions makes empaths especially caring, compassionate, and understanding of other people. Those things, alone, are oftentimes what makes them some of the best people to talk to.

An empath is someone who is highly aware of the emotions of those around them, to the point of feeling those emotions themselves. Empaths see the world differently than other people; they're keenly aware of others, their pain points, and what they need emotionally. An empath can also feel pain too.

Here are 13 signs to find out of you are one.

1. You have a lot of empathy

Well I mean this one is sort of a given, but what is it actually? It is the ability to understand the experiences and feelings of others outside of your own perspective.

2. You take on other peoples emotions as your own.

You can feel what they feel, even if they don't seem like they are feeling anything

3. You have good intuition.

You can tell whether some one (or a situation) is good or bad depending on just a few things. And often times your gut reaction is right.

4. You can tell a lot about the  "vibe" of a room when you walk into it.

Empaths are unsurprisingly able to "read" a room and often adapt the feeling that is in the atmosphere fro themselves.

5. You understand where people are coming from.

6. Nature is comforting.

Its nice and calming to just sit and relax in nature.

7. You probably don't work well in crowded areas. 

Since empath can absorb both positive and negative energies, being in a crowded place might be over stimulating for them.

8. You love, love, love pets, babies and animals

I mean they're so cute and sweet and its hard not too.

9. Its hard for you not to care.

Empaths are all about feelings.

10. You might sometimes become overwhelmed in intimate relationships

They can be challenging for everyone, however, imagine being able to sense every little mood change, irritation and even the occasional, possible lie.

11. You have a calming affect on people

Sometimes just having you in their presence makes them feel better.

12. People tend to tell you their problems.

Mostly because empaths often make great listeners.

13. You don't like conflict.

Like at all, and typically you try to avoid it.