How To Survive The Rest Of Winter

How To Survive The Rest Of Winter

Warmer days are coming...
52

Here we are at the beginning of February, still in the middle of winter. Some of us are experiencing warmer temperatures and some of us are still freezing cold. Either way, we all surely have at least a few more cold days to look forward to. If winter has you feeling blue, try some of these to make it through the rest of the cold days and remember, spring is coming!

Wear gloves

Seriously, even if you normally refuse to wear an actual warm coat (which I’m totally guilty of), gloves will make your day a thousand times better. They keep your fingertips warm and can help prevent dry skin.

Keep eating your greens

Winter has a tendency to make us crave a lot of warm comfort foods. While comfort food is great, if all you’re eating is carbs, you might be feeling a bit sluggish. Remember to eat your fruits and vegetables to keep up energy levels.

Open the curtains

Get some sunlight. Since we usually choose to stay indoors because of the temperature, we’re not getting enough sunlight. So let in that natural light and let it boost your mood.

Swap ice cream for hot chocolate

Need a treat at the end of a long day? While ice cream is great, it won’t warm you. If you get bored of regular hot chocolate, do a quick web search of fun recipes, there’s tons out there!

Moisturize

If you’re not in the habit of using lotion every single day, winter could be wreaking havoc on your skin. A lot of people find themselves suffering from dry skin on their hands, if this is you just keep a small bottle in your backpack for easy access.

Get out of bed on snow days

While it’s tempting to lay in bed and binge watch your favorite show, don’t! You more than likely have some homework to finish and you’ll be happy if you finish it during your free time instead of rushing to do it later.

Wear good walking shoes

You won’t want your precious heels to slow you down on a cold day and you certainly don’t want them to get wet in the snow. Just make sure to dress your feet for the weather!

Wash your hands

This is the time of year that people get sick, so make sure you’re protecting yourself against germs. Wash your hands, clean up after yourself if you are sick, and definitely be aware if you’re spreading your germs to other people.

Have a board game night

It’s easy to watch movies with your friends every weekend during the winter but consider switching it up and playing some games instead. They’ll keep you somewhat active over the course of the evening instead of vegging out under a pile of blankets.

Do your spring cleaning early

When spring actually arrives all you'll want to do is go outside. So get all the heavy work out of the way now so you can be ready for fun when warm weather hits.