How To Start Your Journey Into A Plant Based Life

Becoming vegetarian has been the best decision of my life.

9

Growing up I loved dinosaur chicken nuggets, wings, ribs, basically all the meats. So it amazed my family when one day I decided to stop eating meat for a month. It started off as a bit of a joke but it became my reality pretty quickly. I didn't watch some terrible video to make it happen. I don't think you need to do that. Anyways that was a few years ago now and I can proudly say I still am. I hope to become vegan down the line but baby steps. But it helped clear my skin and just overall made me feel better physically. I am not here to try and convince someone to stop eating meat or to tell someone how to eat. I just wanted to share some tips for some people who were interested in switching to a plant based eating style.

Use meat substitutes

Meat substitutes are your best friend in the beginning. I leaned off them after awhile but it's a great way to not shut meat out all at once. Morning Star and Gardein are some of my favorite brands. They have veggie bacon, sausage, burgers, and even chicken nuggets. I really like there quinoa breaded chicken nuggets and Morning Star's veggie bacon. Those two I still eat here and there to this day.

Start slow

I personally didn't start slow and it worked for me but it doesn't for everybody. It was a hard process for me and I feel like if I went about it slower rather than just cutting everything out at once would have been easier. It's not a race just start small. Maybe have a meatless Monday or Friday.

Use Pinterest recipes

Go into it with lots of meal ideas. Or you're going to be really overwhelmed or loss. I have used so many good plant based recipes from Pinterest. If you are unsure about some grocery staples I can write more about mine. But some of the things I got and still use in my meals are rice, beans, edamame pasta, lots of veggies and fruit. Again this is your journey find recipes for food you love!

Those are some of the tips I have. I have a lot though and I hope to continue talking about stuff like this. I think it's a great choice but again it's your choice. I always say never change something if it works for you but challenge yourself. You might surprise yourself.