How to Properly Watch a Good Movie

How to Properly Watch a Good Movie

Movie theaters are out. Movies in bed are in.

9
How to Properly Watch a Good Movie

1. Pick a good movie. Please. It's the least you can do for yourself.

2. For approximately 2 hours, you will now be emotionally invested in something other than the looming cloud of finals or the political climate of your country. Hide your phone. Embrace these 2 hours. You now exist only in the universe of the movie.

3. For the duration of the movie it is mandatory you have snacks, and all lack of self-control will be forgiven because, well, it's a movie. The options are unlimited. Popcorn is always a good option. Chocolate is very important. There is nothing better than detaching yourself from reality with snacks.

4. Your house, your rules. Look at all this freedom you have by watching a movie from the comfort of your own home. Sit in any chair you want. Get a ridiculous amount of blankets.

5. Turn off all the lights. This needs to be an immersive experience. Use speakers if you have them. Who doesn't love surround sound?

6. Unleash your rage on the characters. Be assertive. Are they doing something stupid? Tell them. Have no remorse.

7. When the movie is done, ponder it. Why did it end that way? Why did the character do that? What would you have done?

8. Finally, take a walk outside to unleash the movie's true power. Feel like a new person as you emerge from your dark movie cave. This is so much better than the movie theater feeling. And it was free.