How To Make Your New Year's Resolutions Stick

For those of us that don't like change, this might be a bit of a challenge.

11
AllPosters

Dec. 31 is rapidly approaching, which means it is officially the season for self-reflection. This task can be daunting, but taking steps to personal improvement in 2016 doesn’t have to be such a chore. Whether the changes you hope to make are big or small, these tips will keep your to-do list manageable.

1. Keep it short.

Make sure to focus on only the most important of your resolutions. It’s easy to get carried away, but stay realistic. Figure out what changes will have the greatest impact, and limit yourself to these few.

2. Write them down.

Having your resolutions on paper (or a desktop sticky note, your bathroom mirror— whatever medium works for your regular reminders) is a big step in the right direction. Many resolutions go unresolved for the sole reason that people forget about them. Don’t lose sight of your goals before you even get started!

3. Hold yourself accountable.

If you don’t keep track of your progress, you won’t realize how far you’ve come (or how far you’ve yet to go). Take a minute to reflect on changes at the end of each week — it’ll help to keep you organized and motivated.

Tackle the changes that you want to, but don’t feel any pressure to make huge decisions right now; stay awesome, you proactive resolution-maker, you.