How To Loft A Bed: A Step-By-Step Guide For The Mildly Aggrevated

What a fun project.

8
Twitter

Hey guys! So typically, something...unique...happens to me at least once a week. This past week, I decided that I wanted to raise my dorm room bed higher so I could fit more things under it. So, as a gift to all of you, I've come up with a step-by-step guide to lofting a bed. This may or may not be geared toward the majority of us who like to handle things in an aggressive manner.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F01%2F23%2F636207897016727391319539182_1464016265-cc60e520-7cb5-0132-1d72-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=104&h=89158db7122fa60db93b55ccfa19414906c65d53455f0480f35b3b6afcea2c94&size=980x&c=1644768305 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F01%252F23%252F636207897016727391319539182_1464016265-cc60e520-7cb5-0132-1d72-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D104%26h%3D89158db7122fa60db93b55ccfa19414906c65d53455f0480f35b3b6afcea2c94%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1644768305%22%7D" expand=1]

1. Contemplate whether or not it is really worth it to raise your bed.

Ask yourself..."Do I really want to spend time and energy doing this?"

2. Remove the contents of your bed.

After you've decided that you'd like to embark on this journey, begin to remove your mattress and any other things that may be on top of your bed. Don't forget to remove your self-motivation and will to live. If you don't do this early on, you may lose it later.

3. Make room.

Now that your mattress is out of the picture, it's time to start making room to flip over your bed. in order to make some room, be sure to move any large objects such as desks and fridges, or anything else that may get in the way, like wires or your confidence, if you haven't already thrown all of that out the window.

4. Try to flip your bed.

The keyword here is try. At this point, your bed will probably be on its side and that means you've exerted some kind of effort. Maybe celebrate this victory with some chocolate.

5. Stop and think.

By now, you'll realize that this is probably a multi-person job and that you should've asked for help. But then you realize that it's 11 PM and you chose this.

6. Continue flipping your bed upside-down.

Well, you've made it. Take it in. You're only halfway there.

7. Remove the bed frame.

Okay, so, I'm no professional, and I really don't know how to do this. BUT, when I did it, I proceeded to stand on each corner of the frame and jump, thus, almost breaking my ankle. But hey, it worked! It's kind of like a trampoline, except it's made of metal and you don't bounce.

8. Repeat Step 5.

You've realized that this was, in fact, a bad idea, but you're too far into this project to turn back now. You're all in, and now you need to finish.

9. Reattach your bed frame.

I'll let you figure this one out on your own. I had to. To make the load lighter, just yell a little bit. Complain. Your room looks like trash at this point, and hey, you probably feel like trash too.

10. Flip your bed back over and reorganize everything.

It's clean up time! You've done it! You should probably make sure that the bed frame is secure before you lie down so that you don't have an actual rude awakening.