How To Learn To Live In The Moment

The Race Doesn't Matter If You Don't Know The Finish Line

I can't figure out why I have wasted so much time and energy sprinting through life to cross a finish line that isn't even defined. I am done with the pressure and living for today!

66

Do you ever get the feeling that you are sprinting towards a goal you don't want or chasing too many opportunities? I am constantly running in circles, overfilling my plate and exahusting myself to do everything in reach because I feel I should to be successful. What is success?

Definition: the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.

I feel a lot of the time I am trying to live my life for success but in the past have easily lost the vision of my "aim" and my "purpose" and why I am doing so many things.

A couple weeks ago in church I was told, why do we as humans run towards finish lines when they aren't defined? Why do we put our bodies through so much stress and strain to be the best? Yet again, what is the best and who is the one defining it? Over this past year I have learned so much about creating small, obtainable goals. It took me a long time to understand that doing too much is so unsuccessful. It is unsuccessful for my time, my health, my relationships, and my overall well being.

Have you noticed yourself constantly comparing yourself to others on social media and wishing you were doing more? I blame all my acne, stress, and an overload of work on social media. The world is so public now! It is hard being taunted by other's success and wishing you could do more. I will say it has been a huge motivation and has introduced me to new opportunities but has been just as much as a curse as a blessing.

What is the finish line and when is it? That's like being asked what you want to be when you grow up...I still don't know and feel you should never have one "end" goal. So why are we pushing ourselves to always be on the run and chase so many things? There should be no end goal we should be setting small goals to push us to be amazing people that are faithful to friends and work on things you enjoy that could potentially help your future.

Why should we live for today?

I can't tell you how much time I focus on tomorrow and my future. Our lives are spent focusing on our future, what we are going to do for ourselves, our relationships, and who we want to be. I have done so much soul searching and have been so sad that I haven't spent more time focusing on the today and who I want to be right now and in the present. How I want to treat people right now. Why am I running through this life and running to be the best? Why can't we strive to be great today and hold a door open for someone or say thank you or how about tell someone that they impact your life for the better.

I am stopping the race - today is my day.