How to Help Your Community as a Student

How to Help Your Community as a Student

Act locally, not globally! Here's how to help your community as a student.

5

It's easy to get caught up in the troubles of the world and forget that you can make a big difference in your own community. Here are some ways you can help.

Support Local Businesses

One of the most important ways you can help your community thrive is by buying locally. This means going to local businesses instead of to chain stores like Walmart and Starbucks. Instead, hit up your local coffee shop and help your small business owner neighbors succeed in their dream.

Get Involved as a Volunteer

Volunteering is another way you can really help your community. You don't have to spend countless hours as a volunteer, but even just a couple of hours a week can make a massive difference. Help out at your local homeless shelter or humane society and give back to your community.

Help Your Community Go Green

With climate change a hot topic, it's easy to feel discouraged by our government's unwillingness to make changes. But you don't have to wait on your government to make changes in order to make a difference. Put together a group of people in your community to help everyone go green. You can have events like beach cleanups or information meetings about going solar or reducing waste. Not only will this help your local community, but it'll help the earth as well.