How To Get Through A Breakup Like A Boss

It's a new beginning - embrace positive change.

328
Huffington Post

Breakups are either easy or hard - there is no in between. What most people don't understand is that there are ways to get through it quickly. No matter what, both parties are hurt to a certain level when the relationship is over. But, if you are going through a breakup, here is how you can get through it like a boss.

1. Stay busy and focus all your energy into your daily activities.

Wait until you get home to crack open the Ben & Jerry's and binge watch Netflix if you have to. But take this as a new beginning to focus on things that have been neglected, or to form new habits. You will move on a lot quicker if you are working towards your goals and staying busy.

2. Deleting your ex off all social media is okay.

It is not shallow - it just shows that you want to evaluate the relationship. Whenever I have gone through a break up I have always removed the other person (it may be temporary or permanent) to help move on and see if that person was still friend worthy or just toxic.

3. Rebounding may be good or bad.

I would not personally recommend getting a rebound because it can get messy real quick. Especially if the rebound doesn't know that they are your rebound. But hey, if you know that you will not get destroyed from it, then be my guest. Everyone heals differently.

4. Don't feel sorry for yourself.

They are your ex for a reason. It did not work out for a reason, and it just means that there is someone out there who is better suited to make every aspect of you flawless.

5. Vent as much as you want.

You are not alone. You have family and friends. What I learned from any of my breakups is that family is there for you in the end. Of course, there may be some lectures from your parents, but that is how they show that they care. Also, any good friend who has gone through a break up will listen to what you have to say because it will only help you heal in the end.

A break up can be a trainwreck or it can be a shopping trip to the mall. Just get back to your roots, embrace positive change and you will wonder why you were with your ex in the first place. Just remember: they came into your life for a reason, so learn a lesson from it and move on.