How To Enjoy Your Summer Before Freshman Year Of College

Make It Count.

309
The Voice

Congratulations! You have officially made it through high school! Whether it was the best or worst four years of life, it is all over now. This is your last summer at home, so you have to make it last. But, how do you experience a lifetime of events in just a few short weeks? Well, hopefully some of these tips help you to enjoy this special summer before you go off to college.

Do not get caught up in drama.

There is always going to be drama, but high school is over. You are all moving into a new chapter. No need to dwell on silly little things that won't matter in a few months. You should be enjoying your summer with everyone that you care about.

Work, work, work!

Although you want to party all day in the summer and go to the beach, I am telling you that you should definitely work as much as you can. I totally underestimated the amount of money you spend in college. You don't want to be the broke college kid first semester because you didn't work over the summer and now you can't do anything fun at school. Those extra hours will be worth it.

Accept the truth.

The day you graduate, you will immediately realize who you're going to be staying in contact with. It is natural to fall off the grid with some people, so do not take it personally. Enjoy your summer with the people you care most about and who will reach out to you as well.

Spend time with your family.

As much as you are probably itching to get away from them, don't forget about them this summer. They deserve some of your attention as well. Go get some ice cream with them or just enjoy a family dinner. Whatever you decide to do, remember that you won't be able to do this with them in a few weeks.

Make a list of your favorite spots and be sure to visit them.

Go to your bagel shop for the last time and get your favorite sandwich. Go to the park and play soccer with your friends. Whatever things you cherish in your town, visit them for the last time, for you will surely miss all of these things. I know I made quite a few trips to my favorite restaurants before I left, and I really could go for a nice slice of pizza right now.

Start packing for college ASAP.

Packing for college is no joke. It is not something you can do the night before. Make a list of things you use in your daily life and add to it every day. Take note of what clothes you wear most often, for those are the ones you will be bringing with you. Pack a little each day so you are not doing it for the full 24 hours before you leave for school.

Have fun!

Enjoy this little time where you don't have any responsibilities or duties. It is your last chance to hang out with all of your friends and enjoy your home town before you pack up and leave. College is a great place, but don't forget to live in the moment and enjoy what you have. Because before you know it, you'll be sitting in a dorm, wishing for the summer before freshman year back.