How to End Online Shaming

How to End Online Shaming

A poetic description of the faults in social media use and how to fight division on the internet

16
How to End Online Shaming

Looking around there is so much going on throughout the world around us, yet some of us somehow remain blind to it. Then suddenly you are presented with a picture or subject on Facebook that may have touched your heart but the real question here is did you dig a little deeper? Did you find out where exactly or who this was affecting and how you could help? Or were you too quick to share it, making yourself seem like you really did care?

Not to speak the truth or anything but it seems too many people are just sharing things just to share, liking statuses just for the hell of it, thinking that typing amen under a picture of a homeless man is going to make him "hella" rich, but how many comments have you gotten that went straight into your checking account versus how many Go Fund Me pages you didn't really check out? Not many because your success on social media doesn't synchronize with who you are or what even matters in real life. It's just a platform for connecting people but it's being used to divide like a knife, cutting people off and judging them simply for living their life, which will always be different from that of your own so get with the program. Everyone comes from a different background or culture and they can't help it fam.

Theoretically speaking, no one has the choice to be born Hispanic, black, or privileged; Only thing we can agree on is that it indeed does take a village to raise a child right, respecting the many differences of us all. You learn so much more when you aren't caught up in the the downfall of only interacting with your race or however you may identify yourself. We should teach our kids early on that unification is actually good for the commonwealth of humanity and essentially our lives as a whole, and we can start it with sharing love on social media (that is my goal). So let's be the change for the many generations to come! Lets face it they'll have even more technology to use to poke fun but we can make that change now and it doesn't mean to post like a nun, just be more positive because once it's been posted the damage can't be undone.