5 Ways To De-Stress In College

5 Ways To Counteract Unhealthy Stress, Especially The College Kind

A guide to de-stress your college life.

107
Sedona Meadows

College can be an extremely stressful time, especially when it is your first semester at a university. Here are five ways to counteract that stress and come back looking better and brighter.

Write a TO-DO List

Taking a simple post-it note and writing down the priorities of the day makes it easy to see what needs to be done. You can plan out your day around those tasks and time manage much easier. Once you place a check mark next to the accomplished tasks, it encourages and empowers you to do so much more.

Meditate

Meditation is something I swear by, taking only a few minutes to breathe and evaluate your sense of self. This time to unwind and relax makes all of the difference in lowering your stress levels. You may feel much better.

Reward Yourself With a Sweet Treat

When accomplishing tasks back to back you may feel burnt out and unhappy. Think about an incentive that will push you to keep going. It can be as simple as getting an ice coffee or cupcake after a long day of hard work.

Listen to Music

During a time of stress, listen to your favorite songs. Think about the music that will either relax you or pump you up to persevere through those excruciating responsibilities. Music heals the soul.

Watch a Mind-less Sitcom

Sitcoms are full of cheesy jokes and light problems. They are relieving to watch in a time of unhappiness and/or stress because they take your mind off of the stress that is consuming you. It is upbeat and laughable. So get to watching "Friends" or "Young and Hungry" I know it'll make you feel a whole lot better.

Related Articles Around the Web