How To Be Dorm Room Ready

How To Be Dorm Room Ready

Some tips and tricks to help you get settled in your new home.

36
How To Be Dorm Room Ready

These are some of the things that I could not live without my freshman year of college.

1) Bring a drying rack.

The dryers in the laundry room can be quite harsh when it comes to drying your clothes. So, for that wool sweater perfect for those cold walks to class, to make sure it doesn't shrink two sizes, invest in a drying rack.

2) Bring blackout curtains/ Eye mask.

The blinds supplied in the dorm rooms usually have spaces between them. So, for those Saturday mornings when you need to sleep in, cover your windows with blackout curtains. If for some reason your roommate does not agree with the idea of having blackout curtains, invest in an eye mask. It is a game-changer for sure.

3) Invest in a plug-in air freshener.

For when your roommates forget to clean out the fridge, look around for your favorite wall scent or room spray to clear the stench.

4) Buy an air purifier

If you're anything like me and you have terrible allergies, an air purifier is great to put in a dusty dorm room. Trust me, they get dusty extremely quick.

5) Earplugs

Last but not least, if you have noisy roommates as I did, earplugs will definitely come in handy.

These are some of the things that I think people forget to tell you to bring going into freshman year. Hopefully, it was helpful in some way. Good luck!