8 Steps To Being A Lady Boss

8 Steps To Being A Lady Boss

It's time for all you #BossLadies out there to woman-up
9658

inition of Boss Lady:

1 A bada** woman with high standards for herself and others

2 A woman who believes in her capability to own her own future

3 Someone who leads with compassion, integrity and heart

With all the negativity, confusion and anger out there trending on the ever-so-powerful internet, there is ONE trend that I just cannot get enough of. The rise of the #bosslady. I see it everywhere now, women empowering themselves and each other to woman-up and be a boss.

So you may be wondering...how can I become a boss lady?

Well I have the answer for you, just follow these eight steps and you will be well on your way to being a super fly #bosslady.

1. Dress To Impress (Yourself)

You always hear the phrase "dress to impress", well I have decided to change it to "dress to impress YOURSELF". A real #bosslady doesn't dress up or down for anyone, but herself. Now don't walk into work with sweats on quoting my article as backup when your manager asks where your uniform is. But never feel like you have to dress in order to impress someone else. Some feel powerful in jeans and a t-shirt, others in a skirt and heels. Whatever task you have to tackle for the day whether it be that Organic Chemistry Midterm or an interview for that internship you really want, put on clothes that will make you feel not only confident, but like a boss.

2. Learn To Say "No"

When you are in a leadership role, it's really hard to say "no". I know this from experience because I hate to disappoint people (I mean who doesn't?). But a true #bosslady knows her limits and when to take some time for herself. Spreading yourself too thin by taking on every little task does NOT make you a good leader, it just makes you tired. Delegate to people you trust, prioritize tasks and know when something is just not meant for you.

3. Know When To Say "Yes"

Never pass up an opportunity just because you are scared or unsure. Sometimes in order to be successful we need to take a leap of faith. Boss ladies are ALWAYS ready to jump and say "yes" to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

4. Lead From Behind

A good leader is not one who charges forward without a second look back. A good leader is one who guides from behind. Meaning you are only as strong as your weakest link, a #bosslady knows to identify and support those struggling and lift them up to where they need to be.

Lead with a steady hand, a calm voice and a purpose.

5. Dream Big, Do Bigger

It is so important to dream big, but you owe it to yourself and the world to make those big dreams a true reality. Dream up plans and ideas so great and amazing then do yourself a favor and go BIG when putting those dreams into play.

6. Always Remember That 'Empathy' Is Your Greatest Tool

Being understanding of the situations of those around you will not only help you connect better with people you care about, but it will make you a more relatable and reliable leader.

7. But Take No SH*T

A #bosslady is kind and understanding, but never lets anyone ever walk all over them. Be confident in yourself and know when others are trying to take advantage of you. Believe in yourself and know that you are right.

8. Never Forget You Are A Goddess

And no one can ever take that away from you.

Now go out and run the world, Boss Lady!