How To Avoid Cooking Up A Catastrophe

How To Avoid Cooking Up A Catastrophe

Treat food wrong and it's game over, here are some tips on how to evade the mistakes.

5207
How To Avoid Cooking Up A Catastrophe
seriousseats

Cooking can be quite a challenge if you don't know what you're doing. It's all about technique. Treat food wrong and it's game over. Here are some tips on how to evade cooking mistakes:

1. There is such a thing as over whipping. And it can make your food split.

For example, over whipping cream takes away it's soft pillow like consistency and makes it a strange grainy texture. This means it has separated and you're on the way of making butter. If this happens, just fold in a bit more cream and you should be good.

2. Not seasoning your food throughout.

Let me put it this way- the more layers of seasoning you add during the cooking process, the more the complexity of flavourful yumminess builds. Food absorbs herbs, spices and even salt, sugar and pepper and creates a well blended flavour profile.

3. Serving raw garlic or putting the garlic in too early on the heat.

Basically cooking garlic wrong. Garlic cooks fast if the pan is hot. Add it accordingly. Raw garlic tastes terrible.

4. Adding ingredients into cold oil.

Always make sure the pan is warm or hot before adding in meat or veggies. Otherwise it won't cook and will probably end up soaking up the cold oil.

5. Not reading the recipe right and estimating ingredients.

It's a disaster just waiting to happen.

Avoid these and you'll be making delicious food! Happy cooking!