How To Achieve Your Dreams, Step By Step

Your dreams are totally possible, you CAN do it.

13

Picture yourself achieving your biggest dream. What is it? Becoming a doctor, getting rich and famous, becoming the president, what about getting married or becoming a parent? Keep your eyes closed and picture everything that would be around you. Where are you at? Who's there? What are you wearing? How do you feel? What do you hear? What does it smell like?

Now, open your eyes. Hang on to that dream and those feelings because I am about to give you step by step instructions of how to get there because it IS possible and you CAN do it. In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt, "the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Follow these steps to make your dreams come true.

1. Develop Your Dream

Think of an ultimate, obtainable goal that will have you complete your dream. While performing this step, think of what you're truly passionate about and what you want to accomplish. If your dream is to change the world that's great, but narrow it down. What about the world do you want to change? Do you want to help people or the environment? By narrowing it down and coming up with one feasible goal, it is so much easier to begin working on accomplishing your dream.

2. Picture and Plan That Dream

It helps to picture every detail and to picture yourself doing every step of the process to reach your dream. Picturing the future journey will help you come up with a plan. In order to plan your dream you must create a step by step guide on how to get from where you are now to where you ultimately want to be. Part of this planning is thinking about everything you could do to help you achieve your dream sooner and more precisely. This is the step is where determination and dedication come in. You HAVE to be determined and dedicated to complete the plan for this project. While at times coming up with a plan can be intimidating and you may experience some self-doubt, just remember this quote by Walt Disney "all of our dreams come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." And I think we all agree he knows a little something about making dreams come true.

3. Put That Plan Into Action!

This is the hardest and most critical step. This step will take time and energy, but you must remember to never give up on yourself and your dream! While performing this step, be sure you stick to the plan and fully carry out every piece of it. This is also where self-discipline comes into play. You have to stay with it. You may even fail a time or two before you fully achieve the dream. Don't be afraid to go back and revise your plan and then try again. It might even take years for you to fully achieve your dream. Attaining your dream is for you. Don't let yourself down.

Remember that there is no dream too small, too large, too stupid or too hard to achieve. Don't ever let anyone tell you that your dream isn't important! Never give up on your dreams and most importantly, never give up on yourself!