How The United States Is Learning To Live With COVID-19 Adjustments

COVID-19 Isn't Going Anywhere, But We're Taking Steps That Let Us Live With It

We can't just wish it away.

64

The global pandemic has infiltrated our nation, killing our citizens, devastating our businesses, and forever changing the future of our existence on this planet. Nothing will ever be the same, but our nation is beginning to alter everything that we once knew, to try to establish a "new normal."

One of the few positive consequences of the coronavirus was everyone's reaction to it. Because of its virulent nature and the risk that exposure imposes, we now wear masks wherever we go, regularly wash our hands and sanitize, and are more hesitant to be in confined spaces with large amounts of people.

Doctors are hopeful that all individuals will continue to take similar preventative measures in the future, which ideally, might help to decrease cases of other illnesses in the winter, like the flu and common colds.

Another way that our nation is learning to live with the presence of the virus can be observed in the education system. When the virus hit in early spring, schools immediately scrambled to construe a rough course of action, so that the millions of students in America could continue to learn. Although it was rocky at first, most schools eventually adapted a virtual learning program and were able to successfully finish out the school year. With the threat of this pandemic still at large, thousands of colleges around the country have now formulated extensive plans for a safe return to campus this fall. By taking precautionary steps in the dorms, dining halls, and classrooms, most of the universities are preparing for a cautious continual education in acknowledgment of the virus's current presence.

One of the biggest turnarounds can be seen with businesses and restaurants around the country. Companies have taken drastic measures to ensure the safety of their employees and their customers while continuing to run the businesses that we heavily rely on for food and supplies. It is optimistic to see so many beloved stores emerge from the devastation of the quarantine, stronger than ever, and with regulations in place to promote a safe environment and a sense of comfort during this frightening time.

Although the virus has wreaked so much irreparable and catastrophic damage to our nation's economy and people, our country is strong, and we will persevere. The way that we adapt may look different from anything we've ever seen before, but it confirms our path to recovery.