How The Characters In 'The Office' Actually Describe Kids In Your 100-Person Lecture

9 seasons on Netflix, endless episodes in college

70

You know that hilarious show everyone's seen ... what was it called? "The Office"! Yeah, it might ring a bell. Well, I'll bet you didn't know that you are actually a lot closer with everyone in the show than you may think! Warning: You will never look at your 100-person lecture the same way.

Michael Scott:

Who else would Michael Scott be than your professor? The commander of the ship, the leader through all that is educational, he takes his role a little too far sometimes and wishes he could be everyone's friend (which is weird to everyone but him). And yet you can't help but listen to him and respect him. A professor in your eyes, a hero in his own.

Dwight Schrute:

Hello, know-it-all in the front row. You know that one kid that pretends their professor is only there to teach them? Of course you do. Not only do they sit up in the front to get too close and personal to the professor, but they also decide to ask all of their questions disregarding their relevance and raise their hand for every answer, even when they have no idea what it is.

Meredith:

You can spot this one a mile away. This is the person that walks in still hungover from last night, squinting from the lights and trying to force down water. You could just say they have a headache, but then you see the wristbands from the night before still clinging to her wrist. Good luck getting through this lecture, girlfriend.

Kevin:

Oh, the Kevin of the class. This is the one that asks unnecessary questions and always has something to eat. Typically, they’re fumbling around with wrappers or laughing at unintentionally inappropriate or uncomfortable jokes made by the professor. Their humor standards are below yours, but thank god for them, 'cause without 'em the professor wouldn’t get any giggles.

Toby:

Toby is best known as the obnoxious T.A. Not only does he take pride in the fact that he feels he has been given some power by the professor (a common fallacy), but he does not seem to sway from any rules and never, ever will help you out with study tips for that apparently “impossible” midterm coming up.

Kelly:

Usually you get stuck right behind this girl. She comes in with a group of four or five, and they sit down in a row where they can all be together, because god forbid if one of them has to break off from the pack and sit somewhere else. Their overly obnoxious conversations that consist of words that aren't words, boys, and how much they drank the night before can, amazingly, make your brain feel like it's turning into goo.

Ryan:

This is the stereotypical frat boy in your lecture. Not only does he just naturally know all the information (which irks you more than you wish it would), but he just sits through class pretending not to care and then flaunts his grades when exams are handed back. Meanwhile, you’re sitting in class, having gone through hours of studying the night before, running on three hours of sleep to scrape by with your decent B grade.

"The Office" is a wonderful show. Who knew we were living in the same community as such hilarious characters every day? We are so lucky.