Sometimes, Self-Care Means Blocking, Muting And Unfollowing

Self-care isn't just bubbles baths and face masks, it comes in many different forms.
1118

Self-care isn't always bubble baths, getting your nails done, or making an appointment to get a massage. Self-care comes in many forms that we don't always realize or maybe that we forget about.

But everyone's definition of self-care is different. What's good for you may not work for someone else.

We live in a world where we are shamed for being selfish but it's so important to be selfish. I am guilty of giving more of myself to others than they give to me. I neglect my feelings and needs and put others first when I should be paying more attention to myself and give myself the love and care I deserve. Does this sound like you? If you're reading this and can relate, take care of yourself, love yourself, I think we all need to remember that.

Social media can be extremely overwhelming and I think it does more harm than good.

I'm always on social media because I have to be and sometimes I wish I didn't have to be on it so much. With these different platforms like Instagram and Snapchat, we can't help but compare ourselves to others and the way they portray their lives online. Maybe someone is always posting negative things. Maybe you see a picture pop up of a person who you no longer are friends with and it triggers bad memories.

These instances aren't good for us to see.

As harsh as it sounds, it might be best to block/mute/unfollow people or friends who post these kinds of things.

It doesn't have to be this drama-filled thing or mean any harm. It just means that you are doing this for YOU and your wellbeing. You are removing the negativity from your life and anything that doesn't make you feel good about yourself or bring you any joy.

Another thing I've recently done is I've seen a movie by myself. I was always scared to and I'm not sure why, but when I finally did it, I loved it! I didn't have to wait for anybody. I went on my own time, got my own food that I didn't have to share, and I got to sit by myself and not talk to anyone. This is a great form of self-care because it teaches you how to do something on your own and to be comfortable with yourself.

Like I said, self-care comes in many different forms. If you want to do a face mask and pig out with your favorite snacks, go ahead! If you want to lay on the beach, do it! If you want to do some retail therapy, nobody is stopping you.

Do what is good for you.

Be comfortable with who you are.

Create a positive environment for yourself and be good to your soul.