How to Pack for Vacation

How to Pack for Vacation

Because forgetting that thing again, is no bueno.

23
How to Pack for Vacation
Life as a Mother...of Many: Large Family Organization...vacation ...

Don't judge me, but I love packing. Especially if it is for vacation. I know, I know - I'm totally weird, but there is something so soothing about the monotonous ritual of packing that calms me. Something that can, however, ruin the flow is knowing what to take and how to pack them. Of course, I have googled the best ways to pack the most without taking too much room and forgetting something. Which I always do - I don't know how, or why this happens every time, but it does. Whether it was a new toothbrush, toothpaste or my comb, I forget - and so do a lot of people. Thankfully, there are a few simple tips and tricks to help you remember everything you need, pack for all situations, and as light as possible.

1. Have one hygiene bag per person.

Two at most. Here you will house your toothbrush, toothpaste, soaps/body washes, shampoos (see #6), conditioners, lotions and creams. Also, carry toothpicks or floss both in your purse as well as the hygiene bag. Should you have a douche and/or shower cap, if you can pack it there do so. Keep the hygiene bag in your bathroom so you can remember to pack all that you need and you won't forget it when you go. Get a seperate hygiene bag for hair products should they be necessary.

2. Pack no more than 1 week prior nor the night before.

If you pack earlier, you risk packing something you will need later that week or over-packing. There is also the chance that you forget a lot more than what you would have packing the night before. Packing the night before can leave the same problems.

3. Have a packing schedule.

It cannot be stressed enough how helpful this is. Basically schedule what you pack over the week prior your vacation. This helps you map out what you really need and making sure you have all that you may or may not need.

4. Have outfits prepared.

Having prepared outfits that you can just pull out makes dressing easier and faster while you're away. In every outfit, place a pair of underwear in the folds, it packs better. Also if possible fold t-shirts and undershirts as much as possible. It allows you to have more room in your bag for those souvenirs.

5. Pack only 3 pairs of shoes if the vacation is no more than a week long.

Flip flops, sneakers and a nice pair of sandals - preferably low-heeled. Each will go with any outfit you have. If you have a winter wonderland vacation destination, fancy boots and snow boots would replace the flip flops and sandals.

6. Pack ONLY what is necessary.

Packing all your makeup is a high temptation, but unless you plan to go clubbing every night, you don't need much. A BB cream, signature lipstick or gloss, eyeliner, mascara, lotion and a face wash is all you need. One small bottle of perfume, a razor, one lotion and one bottle of shampoo and conditioner - the size the doctors would give as an example (3 oz) - mouthwash and clear nail polish and a nail file.

Almost anything else is unnecessary. If you do expect to go somewhere fancy or clubbing, make sure to pack accordingly. Basically, plan ahead, pack as little as possible, and always double check the night before. Get as much sleep as possible and eat. Vacation without worry and ready for anything.

Keep calm, and vacation on!

*These tips and tricks are targeted primarily for suitcases and duffle bags. Please follow the tricks and tips that pertain to your needs. Happy Packing!