How Netflix Can Help You Get S*** Done

How Netflix Can Help You Get S*** Done

Although it's a popular procrastination tool, it doesn't have to be used that way.

90
How Netflix Can Help You Get S*** Done
CloudPro

The summer is almost to a close. For many this means absolutely nothing but a change in weather, but for students everywhere this brings dozens of stress inducing changes.

Your social life is hopefully still existent, but when your college starts sending you mail you're suddenly hit with a bunch of horrifying responsibilities. A month to gather thousands of dollars? And you have to deal with the IRS? Trying to balance everything at once can both mentally and physically drain a person, and make her not want to do anything at all. I think we all need something to distract us from the idea of dropping out.

Keep yourself healthy, relaxed, and upbeat with the help of your favorite escape mechanism—Netflix!

That’s right. The all-powerful Netflix gods are watching over you. Although the popular website may be famous for keeping you from completing everyday tasks, if you use Netflix wisely, it is likely to do the exact opposite. But, beware. One must always practice safe-watching. Sticking to shows that run 20 to 30 minutes long is a safe bet. But if you do a lot of work, there's nothing wrong with the standard 40 minutes.

There are several genres and Netflix will let you know what's popular at the moment. Comedies are especially efficient if you're down in the dumps. Shows like Love, Parks and Recreation, The Office, and Friends are all available for your entertainment (and avid rewarding). The purpose of a comedy is to bring you completely out of your current situation. Say you have three papers due in a week. Get started on those papers beforehand and reward yourself with something funny. Smiling releases endorphins that naturally result in a happier mood. So if you’re bogged down with stress, Netflix is to the rescue. I mean it has dozens of superhero shows too (ahem The Flash, watch it).

On the other hand, if you’re one of those students that need an extensive amount of inspiration and a kick start on their critical thinking skills; more serious shows are your best option. These shows are more difficult to manage so be careful. Hour-long episodes mean you can only watch a couple a day at most! (Seriously). Grey’s Anatomy has proven to change lives and provoke an immense amount of inspiration; however, shows like Wentworth, How to Get Away With Murder,Dexter, Breaking Bad,and Sherlock are all good choices that will get you to think. Fortunately, Netflix has a section to browse different genres so choose what you think will be effective, and if it's not, try again.

When all is said and done and you're in a better mood, remember, you got this.

Also, if you're worried because you can't afford Netflix, it's not the only streaming provider. Sometimes you can find entire seasons of shows straight through your TV. If you don't want to funnel eight bucks a month into Netflix, there's always another way to get the same results. Refer to the above gif.