How Much Is Your American Girl Doll Worth?

Your favorite toy could be worth some major coin

57423
odyssey.com

Nothing, absolutely nothing, screams Christmas more than America's favorite 18" dolls. They have been a staple to every little girl's Santa lists since their company's creation in the 1980's. To this day, I still consider my favorite holiday memory the Christmas morning I got my Felicity doll.

These dolls always held a special place in my heart with their rich back stories and accessories. So when my eight year old sister got the catalog in the mail this year, I got a bit nostalgic and decided I maybe wanted to add to my collection.

Since Felicity (and a handful of other dolls) have been retired over the years, the only way to get some of the items I remember coveting so much when I was younger is through eBay, which led to my shocking discovery; American Girl Dolls can make you bank.

Due to the Pleasant Company's decision to forever archive items, clothing, and even whole doll lines combined with their obvious charm and nostalgia points makes these dolls irresistible to doll collectors everywhere, calling for their online pricing to skyrocket.

The fortune people dreamed their Beanie Babies would make them now are instead found in these muslin bodies dolls. Granted these people kept them in good condition — even some with all of their accessories. Here are the listings that blew my mind the most.

This original collection of Samantha (before her 2014 un-retirement) doll with books and accessories

Price in 1986: approx $600

Listed for: $2,900 (plus shipping)

This original Samantha Doll + book

Price in 1896: $85

Listed for: $799.99

This Felicity doll with clothes and accessories

Price in 1991: approx $800

Listed for: $3,600 (plus shipping)

Original Kristen with Book

Price in 1986: $80

Listed for: $749.99

Kit's Chicago Reds baseball outfit

Price in 2000: $26

Listed as: $76

This Molly Collection (doll + 5 outfits and bed set)

Price in 1986: approx $400

Listed for: $1,699.99

Kaya's Horse

Price in 2002: $75

Listed: $295

Girl of the Year Kanani (2011) + 2 books

Price in 2012: $115

Listed for: $899.95

And if any of you were wondering, this seller is collecting every American Girl Doll ever made by the Pleasant Company (all historical characters and every Girl of the Year since 2001) for a whooping $30,000.000

If you're willing to part with your little friend, who knows? She could be worth something!