13 How I Met Your Mother Quotes To Make You Think

"That’s life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be." - Marshall

641
Fanpop

"How I Met Your Mother" may be known as a sappy romantic comedy TV sitcom, but no one can deny the bouts of wisdom each character shares throughout the series. From Ted's existentialist introspections to Barney's humorous contemplations, we can all relate to their reflections and sentiments of self-discovery.

1. "Because sometimes even if you know how something’s gonna end that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride." - Ted.

2. "That’s life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be." - Marshall.

3. "Sometimes we search for one thing but discover another." - Barney.

4. "We’re going to get older whether we like it or not, so the only question is whether we get on with our lives, or desperately cling to the past." - Ted.

5. "There are a lot of little reasons why the big things in our lives happen." - Ted.

6. "You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be." - Lily.

7. "If you keep giving up on people so quickly, you’re gonna miss out on something great." - Robin.

8. "The littlest thing can cause a ripple effect that changes your life." - Ted.

9. "So really the biggest mistake would be not to make that mistake, because then you’ll go your whole life not knowing if something was a mistake or not." - Lily.

10. "People don’t get the chance to discover each other anymore." - Ted.

11. "I realized that I’m searching, searching for what I really want in life. And you know what? I have absolutely no idea what that is." - Barney.

12. "Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things." - Ted.

13. "If you're really honest with yourself about what you want out of life, life gives it to you." - Ted.