How it Feels When Halloween is Over

How it Feels When Halloween is Over

I'm handling it... well.

7
How it Feels When Halloween is Over

I've always been a Halloween fanatic. I love the candy, the costumes, having a reason to watch a bunch of scary movies, and extending the holiday that was supposed to be one day into an entire month. So now that it's November, I'm hit with a bunch of emotions.

1. Denial.

Halloween lasts at least until the last day of the Day of the Dead, right? We have a valid reason to keep eating goodies and going to parties. I could probably stretch the festivities until Thanksgiving. Halloween has just started!

2. Sadness.

Costume idea: dress up as Kim K so that when it inevitably hits you that Halloween is over, your costume turns into this iconic picture.

3. Excitement.

ALL THE CANDY AFTER HALLOWEEN IS ON SALE. How could you not be excited about that?? And if you have any use for a plastic skull, you could buy one for a really good price. I don't know who the people are who buy Halloween decorations when they're on sale, but I aspire to be that prepared for the next year.

4. Readiness.

The Christmas Countdown starts! (Or Hanukkah) I know, I'm skipping Thanksgiving. But it's hard to be excited about a holiday that's in between the two best holidays. It's time to put up the lights and start watching feel-good family movies. Sorry, roommates, but you're about to be subjected to way too many Christmas songs.

5. Relief.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love showing off my body during this season just as much as the next confident, wonderful woman. But it gets pretty cold around this time. Like, I want to wear this costume... but I also kind of want to wear my sloth onesie and wrap a huge blanket around me. So cheers to November for starting the season of hot chocolate and sitting next to the fire.

So Halloween might be over, but the festivities aren't. Time to eat too much, curl up in your bed, and be thankful that the beginning of November means we're almost done hearing about Donald Trump.