How I Feel One Year Later

How I Feel One Year Later

One year later and I don't regret a single thing.

135
How I Feel One Year Later
Kelsey Foran

December 15. The big day. Last year, December 15 marked the day that my life would either fall into place, or take a long and confusing detour to some unexpected destination. I was unsure, nervous, and excited to find out where my future was going to take me. I felt as if I had worked hard enough to deserve some good news. It was about time for some good news.

One year later and I don't regret a single thing. Sure, I've had some doubts here and there but none that have ever made me rethink my choices. I've made some of my best friends that I know I am going to have for the rest of my life. I've laughed more than I ever thought possible, and I've grown to understand myself to the best of my ability. Over the course of this one year, I've moved away from home, thrown myself into a brand new situation with brand new people, and in all honesty, I've loved every second of it.

I went, by myself, all the way across the country to California. I went to my very first music festival, college event, and, of course, college fraternity party. And while this is all extremely exciting, the most surprising thing I have learned is that living away from home isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Before I left for school, I was scared that I was going to be debilitatingly homesick, and that my nerves would get in the way of my own success. I was wrong, and I'm so glad that I was. My friends here make me feel so at home and are accepting of me, and understand that sometimes I need time to myself.

Villanova has accepted me as a student, and a part of their community. I am lucky to be able to say that I am a part of this beautiful place, and I truly have made it my second home. Looking back at all the memories that I have made over the past few months, I know that this is the right place for me. I know, without a doubt, that my heart is here at Villanova and I wish everyone could have a college experience like this.

I will never forget the day that I opened my acceptance letter. I was in the car with my best friend, and had gotten the email saying that there had been an update online. I couldn't wait any longer. I called my parents on FaceTime and opened it right away. When the video popped up on the screen, my heart stopped. Everything that I had worked for was here and yes, my life was falling into place exactly the way that I wanted it to. I want nothing more than for this journey to stop in time, so that I can experience it forever, but that's not how life goes. So I'm going to cherish every moment that I have here.