How I Found My Passion

How I Found My Passion

Never let people stop you from achieving your dream.

19
How I Found My Passion
Thebestgossip.news

My second semester of freshmen year of college, I decided after all the "Grey's Anatomy" I've watched, that I wanted to become a nurse. Whatever works, right? I enrolled in ICC's CNA course, and i loved every minute of it. From the people who were in the class with me, to the content of the class, and especially clinicals! I feel like I found what I really good at, which I always struggled with. My first semester I was studying to be a Paralegal, and lets just say that is not what my passion is!

What I find ironic is how your parents, teachers, and peers stress how important it is to find a career you love. Please, do not get me wrong, it is important. The only problem is, nobody tells you how hard it is for some people to find what it is they love doing. Finding what I love to do took me close to nineteen years! At the begining of the semester I was not sure if I want to go to school for my bachelors degree in nursing, just because I'm not a person who enjoys school. I understand that next to no one enjoys school, but I have a burning hatred for it. I know you are probably thinking something along the lines of "But Maggie, doesn't every teenager hate school?" My answer to that is, yes they do. only difference is some people grow out of it, I did not. Nursing has changed all of that for me, I now love going to class! I love learning everything my professors have to offer! I have truly found my passion, and I plan to get my masters!

When I was a freshmen in high school I wanted to become a Pediatrician, and all people told me was "That is way too hard for you." or "You won't be able to achieve that." I was tired of hearing "no", so I did something nobody ever thought I'd do. I got my ducks in a row and finished my CNA course at the top of my class. It caused an uproar! Boy, did it make me happy to everyone's jaws drop to the floor! I think the only thing better than finding what you are good at, is watching everyone who said you couldn't bite their tongues when you end being the best. Such a rewarding moment.

Moral of the story, no matter who you are, what you do, who you used to be, or even what other people have told you, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Also, your inspiration for what you decide to do can and probably will come from the most random place. It will most likely come at the most random time in your life too, but never ignore it. Lastly, never like other bring you down for what you love doing. It's not their career it's yours. Whatever makes you happy make sure you run with it and go far!