The 6 Different Types of Love

The 6 Different Types of Love

Which kind of lover are you?
2680

How many times have you heard people say, there is no real definition of love? Until recently, I thought that this was true! That love has no real definition or specific label. However, there are actually six different types of love styles out there that many of us are unaware of! These love styles range from the crazy and controlling that we all try to avoid, all the way to the unconditional love that we all hope to find one day. If you Google, Hendricks and Hendricks love scale, you can even find a simple self-assessment quiz that will help you find out which attributes and habits in your partner, equal which kinds of love! Learning about different love styles can help you understand bae a little bit better and figure out what a relationship means to them. And, you can even learn a thing or two about yourself along the way! And if you ask me, I think that’s pretty damn cool!

The six different types of love styles out there are actually quite simple to understand. So here we go!

Eros

The first type of love, is Eros Love. Eros Love is a love that is based mainly around the idea of beauty and sexuality. This is all well and good while the sex is great and you are in the honeymoon phase. But, after time has passed, and the butterflies are settled, you may begin to realize that you actually have no attraction towards your partner at all! And, with Eros lovers overlooking many other important qualities in their partner, like commitment levels, communication levels, views on social issues, and future relationship goals, they could be left in a dead end relationship that will hurt them in the end. It's not all doom and gloom, though, Eros lovers do fall deeply in love! They're hopeless romantics, their love is fantasy like, and they love with such great intensity. Who wouldn't want to experience that kind of feeling?

Ludus

The next type of love is Ludus! This Love circles around entertainment and excitement. While this seems like a good thing to many Ludus lovers; because they can pick and choose who they want to date and they can easily move on as soon as they get bored, it can be difficult for the person on the receiving end. Ludus lovers, or “players” do not take love seriously and therefore will just move on to someone new, without much of an explanation as to why the relationship has ended. And without eating the 550 gallons of ice cream that us emotional people eat after a breakup.

Storge

Storge Love is the next type of love on the list. Storge lovers will get along nice with each other because they share common interests and in many cases, they have already known each other for a relatively long time. While it would be nice to know your significant other and allow your relationship to grow and blossom into something much more, Storge Love sounds like more of a convenient companionship than a relationship if you ask me. Storge lovers lack passion, romance, and intense emotions, something more than just nice. Even sex is something that is not seen as a big deal or an important relationship factor.

Pragma

Next up; Pragma Love. These types of lovers think about their relationship logically. They analyze their future and decide if both partners involved can satisfy each other’s desires and needs. Their realistic expectations about their relationship and about marriage life, suggest that Pragma lovers should be the perfect couples. But, to every great love, there is a downside. Some people think that Pragma lovers only enter a relationship that will make life easier. Is this always the best road to take? To settle for someone who will simplify your life and allow no room for errors along the way? While it is most certainly a good idea to analyze whether you could purchase a house with someone, or start a family with them, Pragma loves should be cautious when thinking, is this the only reason I am staying with this person?

Maniac

Warning! Maniac Love! The Controlling one! Maniac love definitely has it's high points. Lovers can have a very intense, passionate bond between them, even losing sleep over the pure excitement of the relationship. Unfortunately, that is as far as the positives for Maniac Love go. Maniac Love can bring out some unfavorable emotions in couples; jealousy, worry, obsession. Sadly, Maniac Love can affect people so negatively that it can even lead to depression. This is not true love in my opinion. No love or relationship should lead you to the unfortunate circumstances of depression.

Agapic

Last but not least, there is Agapic Love. I think this one is my own personal favorite! Agapic lovers, show love to each other based on selflessness and compassion. Agapic lovers, tend to love someone unconditionally, they do not expect to get anything in return for their love. They do not expect to get any personal gain or reward for it. They have no hidden agendas. Agapic Love is described as a spiritual and philosophical type of love. The love is pure and comes straight from the heart. Just be cautious not to let anyone walk all over you!