How College Students Can Save on Recreational Activities While in Quarantine

There are plenty of ways to save and still have fun in quarantine

6

With all the financial uncertainty that COVID-19 brings, it is important to make financially responsible choices. While you're saving money by staying at home, it's also necessary to watch where your entertainment expenses are going. Whether you're regularly paying for a streaming subscription or frequently ordering food for delivery, these types of actions can put a drain on your finances in the long run. Consider the following tips to save money while keeping yourself entertained during the quarantine:

Save Money on Streaming Sites

Watching Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime may seem like the only way to pass these long quarantine days. However, paying for all of these services yourself can be costly. You can cut down on your expenses by signing up for a family plan for these sites. This will allow multiple people to use sites like Netflix as you split the cost between your friends or family members.

Save on Vape Sessions

College students that like to vape may find it harder to fund this habit during the COVID crisis. If you're short on funds but still want to vape, consider cutting back on expenses by looking for bargains from local E-Cig Shop Services. Experts at these shops recommend investing in quality devices to get the most out of your vaporizer, as these instruments last several years.

Limit Your "Dining In"

If UberEats and DoorDash are your most-used apps, it may be helpful to take a step back and come up with a solution to save money while still meeting your foodie needs. If you have a lot of downtime during the quarantine, it's a good idea to learn how to cook your favorite meals. While getting to the grocery store may be a bit of a challenge, making your food yourself will save you thousands of dollars over the course of this quarantine.

If you really can't get enough of your favorite local eats, don't worry. Come up with a schedule that allows you to splurge every once in a while on your favorite foods.

Use Coupons When Shopping Online

If you've turned to panic buying as a way to cope with COVID-related stress, you're not alone. However, this new habit can quickly drain your resources if you're not careful. Make sure you save as much money as possible whenever you do decide to go on a virtual spree by shopping smart. Use apps like Honey to find the best coupons and save money when online shopping.

Don't go overboard with spending on entertainment and recreational activities. Use this guide to help you save money while keeping yourself busy during the quarantine.