ASMR: Your Solution To Fixing Your Sleep Cycle

Because I know you're ruining it right now.

15
Stephanie Vasconcellos

The truest mark of summer isn't my tan or the days at the beach. I know it's summertime when I've completely and utterly ruined my sleep cycle. I can't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight and as our break draws closer and closer to a saddening end I'm starting to think "I am royally screwed when school starts." But, maybe not, because I have a secret that's going to help me overcome the sleep wall, it's called ASMR. ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. It is a euphoric sensation characterized by tingling and static triggered by specific acoustics. It is a free, easy and completely natural way to entice Mr. Sandman to bring you a dream. There are literally thousands of these videos, but this is a guide to help slim down your options and find the right video to put you to sleep and get you up for that 8 a.m. *shiver*.

(Note: All of these videos produce the greatest results with headphones!)

1. Brainwave Power Music

This channel has some of the best binaural beats and isochronic tones. These are auditory illusions that activate electroencephalographic, or "EEG-frequency following response" and relax to the max. If you're into soft playing resonating music, this might be the channel for you.

Try this video.

2. DonnaASMR

A large portion of ASMR videos are whispering, finger tapping and water noises. DonnaASMR has loads of videos that truly send tingles down your spine and send you right to sleep. If you enjoy crinkling plastic, page turning or even the sound of dominoes on a table, Donna delivers.

Best video:

3. GentleWhispering

My favorite part about the videos I watch on this channel: I have no idea what she's saying. I don't need to in order to close my eyes and allow the Russian words to fall over me and help me get to bed.

Best Video:

4. Heather Feather ASMR

Another essential part of ASMR is visual stimulation. Heather Feather has one of my favorite videos that uses both auditory and visual stimulation to not only make you sleepy, but also really inspire you with her words and wisdom. If you like a quirky channel and a sweet voice Heather Feather is your go to.

Best Video:

5. NuMeditationMusic

This channel produces beautiful worldly music from Indian, to Native American or even Chinese influences. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in NuMeditation has several options to positively impact your sleep cycle.

Best Video:

6. The French Whisperer

This channel is for the history buff. The French Whisperer is as amazing as it sounds. A french accent, telling you about the history of the catacombs of France and Renaissance paintings and tapestries? Yes, please. He also posts videos in French, if you wanted to hone those French skills you haven't used since junior year.

Best Video:

7. Ephemeral Rift

Easily one of the more "avant- garde" channels out there, but the technique gets the job done. Whether you're interested in the role play is up to you, but the whispering and sounds always get me to dream land.

Try this video.

There are so many more videos than this, and you can absolutely find your niche, just crawl through the underbelly of YouTube, and you'll find exactly what you need.