How I Achieved Clear Skin

How I Achieved Clear Skin

These are the wonderful products that I discovered on my road to clear skin.

223
How I Achieved Clear Skin
Myself

At some point in our lives we have all struggled with some kind of acne — and I am no exception to this. Our skin is a complicated thing that takes time and patience to understand, which is something that took me a long time to figure out. I know that everyone's skin is different, and what does wonders for my skin might just make yours worse. However, I am going to share with everyone my secret weapons that I have found for keeping my skin looking its best. I should mention that I have very dry skin (mainly around my nose area) and that I have sensitive skin. Too much sugar in my diet makes my skin go crazy, which is rough if you’re like me and crave sugary things every second of every day. I have just had to learn to have these things in moderation. Without further ado, here are my favorite products to keep my skin looking its best.

1. Birth Control

I started birth control in the tenth grade for my acne — Tri-Sprintec, to be exact. I know that birth control can be a controversial subject, but it has done wonders for my acne. This is honestly what I give the most credit to for my face clearing up and staying clear in such a short amount of time. Do your research and find out what would work best for you. If you are considering starting birth control for your acne (or any other reasons for that matter), do not hesitate. If anyone is wondering, my birth control cost nine dollars a month after insurance, which is so cheap and worth it for the results that I have received!

2. Equate Beauty Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

I am a makeup lover and most likely will be until the day that I die. Since my skin is sensitive, I have to make sure that at the end of the day I remove all of my makeup. I use makeup remover wipes on my face, and they are the best makeup wipes I have come across so far. The kind I use are the Equate Beauty Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. These come in a 40-pack and are exclusive to Walmart. They’re also a steal at just $3.48!

3. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

After the makeup wipes it’s time for my face wash. I have two different ones that I have found to work miracles on my skin. The first one is the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser which you can find at Walmart or Target. However, it does cost $9.30, which is a little too expensive in my opinion. So on my last trip to Walmart I decided to give the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser a try and save a few bucks. This cleanser costs $6.54 at Walmart, and gives me the same results as the CeraVe cleanser.

4. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Moisturizer is a vital necessity if you have dry skin like me. After washing my face I follow up with the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It keeps my face feeling soft, and keeps the flakes away which I am especially appreciative of in these harsh winter months. Since this moisturizer is a CeraVe product you can imagine that it is a bit on the pricey side. It is $12.97 at Walmart, but this is one splurge product I do not see myself giving up anytime soon.

5. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask

If I have some problem spots that I am trying to get rid of in a hurry, I will turn to the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask. This product does not irritate my sensitive skin, leaves me with smaller pimples, and is just fun to use overall! I purchased this from Ulta for $11.99 back in October, and I still have plenty left to use.

6. Equate Beauty Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

I mentioned earlier that I suffer from irritating dry skin. One thing that I have found to be gentle yet extremely effective is the Equate Beauty Blemish Control Apricot Scrub. I purchased this from Walmart for only $2.00! Any time I’m experiencing dry patches I use this on my face and it instantly helps peel the skin away. It is even gentle enough for me to use multiple times a week with no irritation.

7. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water

One last thing that I use if I am ever in a pinch is the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water. This is a gentle product that can be used in place of washing your face. If I am every too lazy to wash my face after removing my makeup, I will turn to this product. It does not break me out, but I have found that after using this my skin does not feel as clean as when I actually wash it. However, this product only cost $5.97 at Walmart and does come in handy from time to time.

This may seem like a lot of products, but they have all played some sort of role in making my skin look and feels its best. I hope that at least one of these things can help someone else out there! However, just keep in mind that everyone has different skin and what may be Heaven-sent for me might just make your skin worse. Finding will work takes time, but it is so worth it.