Hot In Stillwater

Hot In Stillwater

10
Hot In Stillwater

So, you have finally scored an interview for that position, internship, or job for which you applied. Congrats! Now onto the next step: what do you wear to the interview? 

How you are dressed for an interview speaks volumes on how you will manage your job or position. Looking the part is just as important as what you say in the interview. Dressing for the interview can sometimes make it or break it.

This is a time where a neutral color palette and an overall simple look is key. After all, YOU want to shine and be the center of attention in your interview, not your outfit. Here are some helpful tips on how to dress to impress and have success!

1. Opt for a skirt that is knee length or just above the knee. A classical pencil shape in a neutral color is the best way to go. Black is the easiest and can be worn with anything. And while it is important to have a neutral color palette, adding one colorful piece, such as an accessory, is totally fine.
  2. Another stylish staple piece is a tailored blazer. The great thing about investing in a good blazer is the fact that it is versatile. Pair it with a pencil skirt for a professional interview, or throw it on with some black skinnys and a sparkly top underneath for a night out on the weekend. A cute blazer is a great investment. 
  3. It is probably best to skip the sparkly stilleto. Classic, conservative pumps are the way to go. When it comes to shoes, opt for a pair that are not too tall. This is a classy look that will always impress.
  4. Keep jewelry to a minimum and remember that less is more. A diamond stud adds a shimmery touch without being over the top. Also, be sure to have your nails a color that isn’t distracting.