7 Modern Horror Movies To Watch With Your Tinder Date
Education

7 Actually Good Modern Horror Movies To Watch With Your Tinder Date

Stay woke, surprised and scared shitless. You're welcome.

415

Uhm yeah, who says Netflix and chill has to be watching re-runs of Friends or The Office for the 30th time. Like yeah, we get, you like Michael Scott, who doesn't?

That also doesn't mean you have to watch doo-doo ass horror movies that you can barely make it through the introduction of. It's 2018, and we want good horror movies! I want to be scared shitless, sacred and be psychologically challenged as well. That means no more boring ghost stories or evil dolls coming alive. It's not the 1990's.

1. Hereditary (2018)

If you want to feel uncomfortable and somewhat disturbed, then this is the movie for you. Also a nice remainder to take your birth control ladies!

2. The Cabin in the Woods (2011)

Ah, post-moderism. This movie takes a wild twist on the basic horror movie troupes.

3. A Quiet Place (2018)

This whole movie was very intense and it gave me severe anxiety. But it's ok, because John Kranski's dad bread makes up for it, and I would sit through that a second time just to experience the dad bread up close on the big screen. The movie plays on the performance of body language and sound instead of dialogue, so it really keeps you on the edge of your seat!

4. Annihilation (2018)

Can't tell if I watched a horror movie or had an out-of-body experience. This is the type of horror that makes you feel like your skin is crawling. I felt somewhat uncomfortable in my own skin after watching this. Also the production design is really something else, and it obviously deserves an Oscar. It also reminds me of a Tame Impala music video...hmmm.

5. Mother! (2017)

This is really not your typical horror movie, nor is it a really bad acid trip. It's actually an allegory and oh boy, you'll be surprised to see what Darren Aronosky is referencing. The metaphor doesn't bashed you over the head right away. So it's okay if you don't pick it up the first time you watch it.

Just try to get through it, make a guess and then look it up. It's defintely not what I expected to be.

6. The Babadook (2014)

Creepy? Yes. Gloomy? Yes. Disturbing? Yes. Refreshing? Absolutely.

This psychological horror I had watch two years ago left a big dent in my brain, and now I can't sleep with the lights off. Your childhood nightmare has followed you and now seems to become a terrifying reality that not only you suffer, but also your family.

7. Get Out (2017)

Intelligent? Funny? Political? Wicked? Yes, yes, and more yes! But most of all...scary? Of course.

It's a new kind of horror that doesn't involve dolls, ghosts or possessed twins. Jordan Peele's directorial debut makes you rethink about the society we live in. It also makes me not want to drink tea or come near a 10 foot radius of any white women who has a cup of tea.