My Hopes For The New School Year

My Hopes For The New School Year

I'm ready for all of the lessons and adventures.

831
My Hopes For The New School Year
https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2013/08/30/reasons-were-looking-forward-to-going-back-to-school/

Well, it's here. The first week of school has begun. It felt like just yesterday my summer started, but now it's time for school to start up again. I don't really have much in my backpack yet (I'm not complaining) but I'm ready to fill it up with all the lessons and adventures of this school year. Last year, I learned how to be my own person. And I'm ready to show the world what I have to offer. I'm excited to work on the goals I have set for myself. It could be small things like waking up with a smile or big things like finally working out at the gym. Something I like to do before a new school year begins is to think of some new school year resolutions. I find that having these resolutions would keep me motivated throughout the year. It helps me grow as a person even though I don't really realize it in that moment.

I have a few things I hope to happen for this school year. I hope that my anxieties will not prevent me from having fun. I hope that challenges like 20 credit hours, joining extra clubs or applying for jobs doesn't discourage me from my end goal. I hope that I will appreciate my loved ones more often. I hope to ask for help when I need it. I hope to get out of my comfort zone a little bit more. I hope to share my vulnerabilities once in a while. I hope to work on bettering myself. I hope to grow a little taller. I hope that I won't need to drop a class. I hope to meet someone new. I hope to learn how to say "no" when I really don't want to do something. But I also want to do things I typically wouldn't do. I hope to speak up more often for others and myself. I hope to be confident in myself without needing to go to the gym. I hope to be more comfortable talking to strangers. I hope to do more for my community. I hope to journal more. I hope to learn how to control my emotions. I hope to find an interest in a subject I typically wouldn't enjoy. I hope to be proud of my accomplishments.

It may seem a lot to expect of myself, but these are some of the goals I'm setting for myself this year. I don't need to have my whole life all figured out yet but I want an idea of what I can improve on. I've learned so much from my first year of college that I can't wait to make more mistakes and learn from them. And these "hopes" will guide me throughout the year.

I hope that when I read this again in May 2017 that I will see how far I have physically, mentally, spiritually grown. And know that there is still more greatness to come in the future.