The Perfect Playlist For The Wounded Hopeless Romantic, Yes, I'm Looking At You

Maybe you're exhausted of dead-end romances that never last, or being caught in the endless mind games.

115
YouTube

For when you long to find true love but you're also so jaded -- I hope this music speaks to your soul the way it spoke to mine. Caution: a lot of these songs are beautifully tragic. Although "Somebody That I Used to Know" isn't on the list, Gotye was right, you can really get addicted to a certain kind of sadness.

This is the playlist for the lovesick dreamers. Solace in a society where nothing feels genuine or long-lasting anymore, and true love is a pipe dream -- oh, but we still dream. Perhaps love has touched you and mocked you with its promise, only to be snatched away. Maybe you're exhausted of dead-end romances that never last, or being caught in the endless mind games. So then we dream and we mourn. Don't worry, I hear you.

1. Flyte -- "Cathy Come Home"

www.youtube.com

"Cathy come home for supper, Cathy he doesn't love ya." Ouch... we all know or have been a Cathy.

2. Ariana Grande, Social House -- "boyfriend"

www.youtube.com

This song is the "situationship" anthem if I ever did hear one. The music video is worth a watch, too.

3. Anna Of The North -- "Dream Girl"

YouTube www.youtube.com

If you're still nostalgic and wearing your rose-colored glasses about him (or her), this song is for you.

4. Lana Del Rey -- "Queen Of Disaster"

YouTube www.youtube.com

You won't find this unreleased jewel on Apple Music but that won't stop you from playing it incessantly. This song is perfect for describing the feelings we have for that one "bad boy" who slithers into our hearts. This song is well-known for being on TikTok, and that is where I discovered it. An odd place for discovery, but what can I say? I have to give credit where it's due. I guess kids these days have good taste in music, and I'm all for it.

5. Olivia O'Brien -- "Josslyn"

www.youtube.com

Nothing's worse than being in a love triangle you didn't sign up for, and Olivia O'Brien lets that be known.

6. Madison Beer -- "Dead"

www.youtube.com

Madison Beer is nothing less than savage in this sarcastic bop. Say it louder for the people in the back!

7. Frank Sinatra -- "Strangers In the Night"

www.youtube.com

Frank Sinatra has to have the most magical and dreamiest voice out there. This song is romantic and timeless -- albeit, unrelatable for most people, but who said we can't dream?

8. Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone -- "City Of Stars"

www.youtube.com

This song is a personal favorite of mine and it's even better in the context of the movie. If you haven't watched "La La Land," you need to do so immediately!

9. Yuna -- "Deeper Conversation"

www.youtube.com

The perfect song for people who love hard and are dreaming of something real with someone. I'm not crying, you are!

10. Sabrina Claudio -- "Truth Is"

www.youtube.com

Have some tissues ready for your tears if this is your first time listening to "Truth Is," you've been warned.

11. Ashe -- "Moral of the Story"

www.youtube.com

Ashe is real and bold in this single. She's right though, sometimes we make mistakes and that's okay. We owe it to ourselves to forgive ourselves for whatever may have happened when we cared for the wrong person.

12. Selena Gomez -- "Rare"

YouTube www.youtube.com

This playlist was a roller coaster of emotions but at the end of the day, we have Selena Gomez to remind us to keep our head up. You are "Rare," darling, and you deserve to know that about yourself and to be treated as such. Sometimes being alone is a necessary part of your journey, and it is better to be alone than to be in an unhappy situation. Remember your worth and don't settle for anything less than the best!