I Hope You're Not Temporary

I Hope You're Not Temporary

I don't want you to wash away like a temporary tattoo.

640
I Hope You're Not Temporary
Golfian.com

I just read on Tumblr that everything is temporary. I'm laying here next to the love of my life as she squirms trying to get comfortable, and I'm wide awake, and I can't help but wish that's not a true statement.

I've been on this planet for 21 years and I have yet to understand why everything seems to be temporary. It seems nothing is ever concrete. Family can walk away without a second glance. Best friends can forget the other even existed. Couples don't stay together.

Everything changes. Sometimes, it’s a good thing. Sometimes, it allows for personal growth. Sometimes, it’s heartbreaking. Sometimes, it’s necessary.

I think the hardest part of getting close to someone is knowing that they may not always be in your life. It’s knowing that despite how much you care about and love them, they may just be another thing that is temporary.

Nothing in this world is permanent to me. Except for maybe mistakes and tattoos.

People change. Routines change. Things change. Life just consists of a whole lot of change.

We live in a very temporary world where finding something good and stable is really hard to find. It seems, to me at least, that we no longer cherish our moments together much less our relationships with one another. There are very few things I feel I can count on. I refuse to be naive enough to think people are permanent, because quite frankly, they're not generally. I've lost more people than I can count. And some of them claimed they'd always be there for me and they loved me. But they're no longer in my life; they were merely temporary. And that scares the hell out of me.

You see, ever since I met my girlfriend, she's been all I've wanted. I've desperately wanted to make her happy and to show her how she deserves to be treated.

Now that sounds cheesy, but I can't explain to you the absolute happiness that washes over me when she pulls me in closer while she is sleeping. Granted, I am generally physically uncomfortable because I sleep terribly with people, but having her pull me in when she is dead asleep is honestly so meaningful to me.

She subconsciously grabs onto my hand, and it is the cutest thing. That's what love feels like. It's those little things that she doesn't intentionally do, but they mean a lot nonetheless. It's feeling her body next to me and realizing I don't want anyone else right beside me. Because she's all that I want. She's my dream girl, the girl I've been waiting for. She feels right in all aspects of the word. And having what we have wouldn't feel right with anyone else.