Hope College Events You Can't Miss This Spring

Winter is over, and the Spring semester has just begun!

48

Winter is over, and the Spring semester has just begun! Luckily for Hope students, there are tons of activities and events coming up that will make living in a tundra a little more bearable. Here are a few Hope events taking place this semester that are sure to be a great break from studying:

1. Winter Fantasia (January 28)

Hosted by Hope's Student Activities Committee (SAC), Winter Fantasia is a night of dancing and tasty food. The event takes place at the fancy Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, and it's a great excuse for Hope students to get all dressed up. Part of the fun isn't even the dance, it's the fact that you can take pictures in a setting straight out the The Great Gatsby.

2. Hope v. Calvin Basketball (January 25 and February 18)

Even if you're not interested in athletics, you can't miss witnessing the most heated rivalry in Division III sports. Hope and Calvin College have gone head to since 1920, but fans enthusiasm hasn't died out. Make sure to get your tickets early if you want a spot in the Dew Crew for these games.

3. Josh Garrels and John Mark McMillan Concert (February 27)

Hope students will most likely recognize McMillan as the writer of the popular worship song "King of My Heart." Some might also have listened to Garrels folk, acousic album "Love and War and the Sea In Between." The pair will be wrapping up their co-headlining tour in Dimnent Memorial Chapel. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. with the performance beginning at 7:30 p.m.

4. The Hypnotist (February 25)

Want to watch your peers embarrass themselves by meowing like cats, squaking like birds, or thinking aliens are invading? Then, you won't want to miss out on SAC's The Hypnotist event. Chris Jones, who was featured on America's Got Talent, returns to Hope for this one-night-only performance, and he'll be looking volunteers, so if you've wanted to see if you can "go under", here's your chance! Jones and SAC assure students, too, that everything is completely safe.

5. Dance Marathon (March 10 - 11)

Held every Spring, Dance Marathon is a 24-hour dance party that raises money for Helen DeVos Children's Hospital. The money is used to provide necessities for children, families, nurses, and doctors. Live music, games, and food are provided, and every hour participants learn a new dance. Last year, the event raised a record-breaking $256,323.13! This year, Dance Marathon hopes to surpass this amount, so be sure to join in this March!

6. Spring Fling (April 28)

Right before finals week, SAC hosts the mother of all SAC events: Spring Fling. This outdoor extravaganza is complete with a shopping cart race, inflatables, laser tag, live music, and a picnic in the Pine Grove. It's the perfect way to close the end of the semester and recharge before exams. Also, SAC gives away free t-shirts, so you won't want to miss it!

Are there anymore Hope events you think all students you look into attending? If so, leave a comment below!