Why I Hope Donald Trump Will Be An Amazing President

I didn't vote for him, but I still hope he does well.

25
History

Okay, well here they are – words I never thought I’d have to say: President Trump. It happened, and whether you like him or not, a year ago I don’t think anyone really imagined this could ever happen. But in November of 2016, he was elected by an antiquated governing system and now he is the President of the free world.

To those saying he’s #NotMyPresident, unfortunately you are wrong. I understand the exact emotional sentiment of where this movement came from but it’s time to face the facts: he is your president. If united we stand, and divided we fall, we have to turn around from that and actually hope that he does a decent job. If he goes down, we all go down with him too. If something bad happens, we could end up with a Pence presidency, which would probably be even worse.

I don't like Trump. I don't agree with him, and I will never be okay with the things he has done and plans to do. But we are still the same country we were before and we still have a moral obligation to be leaders in the world.

To those who never paid much attention to politics before, let this be your political awakening, because now more than ever it is imperative to keep a pulse on national and global affairs. Stay informed, stand up for what you believe in, let your voice be heard.

To those counting down the days to the next election, believe me I’m right there with you. But I also want the next four years to be as “okay” as possible. Not just okay, I want them to be great if they can be. And no matter who the president is, who the vice president is, who the secretary of state is –whoever our government is made up of, We the People come first and have to do whatever’s right for the next four years.