6 Reasons Why Nicholas Sparks Gives Girls False Hope

" Can we go home, eat ice cream, and watch the notebook?" said every girl

66
vh1

Nicholas Sparks is known for writing some of the most romantic novels that have turned into the biggest romance blockbusters. Girls read these books and watch these movies and dream and hope that one day they can have a Nicholas Sparks romance. Sorry to break it to you ladies, but IT IS UNREALISTIC. Look...I'm not going to sit here and say I don't want that for myself one day, but c'mon: Nicholas Sparks love stories just won't happen. I am not going to lie when I say I didn't jump for joy when Will switched schools to be close to Ronnie in the Last Song and I'm going to admit I bawled my eyes at the end of A Walk to Remember, but that's my point exactly: it is so hard to find people that will create these miraculous love stories. Nicholas Sparks makes love out to be something so amazing and love stories like that are so unattainable. So I guess we're just going to have to keep dreaming and thank Nicholas Sparks for ruining our idea of love.

1. No on is going to write someone 365 letters.

In this society, we'd be lucky to get a text message every once in a while, besides the "come over" text.

2. Cowboys like Luke Collins aren't real.

They're not going to take you horseback riding and or make you a moonlit picnic (we can dream though ladies...we can dream).

3) Summer flings end with breaking your heart and there is no guy that will go up to you, say"you're different than all the other girls" and actually mean it.

4) Your love at 17 will not be your love after being seperated for 30 years.

5) Yeah it would be nice if the jock didn't just look for the beauty and if high school relationships did indeed last.

6) A man isn't going to find a photograph of a woman and believe that she somehow holds the key to his destiny and search for her.

So ladies, there you have it: 6 reasons why we sulk away and watch these movies when we are sad or upset. For some reason we think Nicholas Sparks has all the answers, but realistically all he does is throw salt on our wounds and keeps us hoping that we can live in a fairytale. WELL, NICHOLAS SPARKS: THANK YOU FOR GIVING US FALSE HOPES (but low-key I am excited to see The Choice.