August Holidays
Seasonal

13 Holidays To Celebrate In August

How Are You Going To Celebrate The Last Days Of Summer?

931
https://www.pexels.com/photo/beige-wood-putted-on-fire-164168/

Summer should get a speeding ticket for going by so quick. Makes sense since time flies when you're having fun. While we can't make summer slow down, we can do our best to make each moment last.

If you're looking for ways to celebrate the last days of summer, here are some fun holidays to put into your calendar and plan to do things with your friends!

1. National Girlfriend’s Day (August 1)

Whether your female friends or female SO, celebrate the special women in your life on Girlfriend's Day. Take this opportunity to tell them how much they mean to you or do something special to show you care.

2. International Beer Day (August 3)

Raise a glass of beer and toast to the wonderful beverage that is beer! Enjoy a beer at your favorite local bar or brewery. Crack open a cold one with the boys. As an international holiday, consider trying an imported beer from another country.

3. Campfire Day and Night (August 4)

Gather together with your family and friends around a campfire for Campfire Day and Night. Cook dinner or s'mores over the campfire and stay up late sharing campfire stories or singing campfire songs. The late nights that turn into mornings make for the best memories to keep you warm as summer ends.

4. Friendship Day (August 5)

Take the opportunity to connect with your friends, old and new. If you're home for the summer, spend the day with your hometown and high school friends one last time before you all start heading back to college. If you're away, consider calling, texting, or Snapchatting them. Send your college friends some love as well. Send them a message telling them how much you miss them and are looking forward to returning to campus soon.

5. Book Lover's Day (August 9)

Nothing is better than curling up in a hammock or lounging by the pool while reading a good book. If you're a book lover, celebrate by treating yourself to a new book and take yourself on an adventure. If you're friends with book lovers, consider getting together to have coffee and swap some of your fave books with each other.

6. Lazy Day (August 10)

Take the day to just do whatever you want-besides work. Take a lesson from Bruno Mars on how to have a lazy day

7. Relaxation Day (August 15)

If you liked Lazy Day, this day is for you! Spend this day destressing with some well deserved R&R. Spend the day in a hammock, read a book, and enjoy a face mask.

8. Tell A Joke Day (August 16)

Hopefully after all that relaxation the day before, you're feeling lighter and happier. Consider sharing that cheer by making others laugh by telling your favorite jokes!

9. World Photo Day (August 19)

Grab your camera and start snapping pics to capture some summer memories. Don't forget to post on Instagram!

10. National Potato Day (August 19)

Celebrate this spud-tacular by eating potatoes your favorite way: cooked, boiled, baked or fried. Treat yo self and order that basket of fries!

11. Dog Appreciation Day (August 26)

While dogs should be appreciated every day, show your four-legged best friend some extra love today. Take them for a walk, play fetch, and give them a big hug and a treat to celebrate. If you don't have a dog, consider going to your local shelter to adopt a dog and give it a loving home!

12. Toasted Marshmallow Day (August 30)

If you didn't get a chance to celebrate Campfire Day and Night or if you had so much fun you want to do it again, get a bonfire roaring and toast marshmallows. If you want to be silly, challenge your friends to a good old game of Chubby Bunny.

13. Eat Outside Day (August 31)

Celebrate the last day of August by going outside to eat under the Sun. Make it a celebration by having a picnic or backyard BBQ!

Whatever you do during your last days of summer, make it memorable and don't let it slip away!