4 hobbies to bail you Out of Boredom in college

A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away.

148

You college days are arguably the most defining period of your life. With that being said, you might find a lot of those days to be just as boring.

Who says you can't make it better?

There are several things you could take up during your time in school to counter the 'hangover' from being bogged down with studying too much (or not) - call it hobbies.

Here are some great hobby ideas you could engage in while in school.

Take Up Reading.

Yeah, reading can be a hobby too.

Reading is only seen as a chore most of the time because you only do it to get good grades, for research or for a presentation.

You definitely have interests, and no matter what they are, there is always a book for it.

Pay a visit to your school library; look around the different sections to find the topics that interest you. If you don't like conventional textbooks, look out for journals and magazines.

Not only will taking up reading as a hobby cost you nothing, it will also improve your study skills for your normal school work.

Try Out Some Sports.

Whether you chose an indoor or outdoor sport, taking it up as a hobby will give you keep you strong, healthy and stimulated as other conventional exercises would.

If you are already involved in one sporting activity or another, make it a frequent engagement; that way it becomes a win-win for you. You stay refreshed and fit while doing what you love.

Fly Some Drones

Drones are not just for business-like activities, you can fly drones as a hobby too.

Think of how cool it would be to control a mini-aircraft until it goes beyond your eyesight and returns. That's the definition of flying a drone as a hobby.

If you already do photography for fun, flying a camera drone becomes even more fun. Now there is nothing stopping you from taking pictures of those places you can't reach yourself.

While it is true that acquiring good drones can be expensive, there are some pretty good drones under $100 too.

Get a drone, find out if you love flying and become exposed to a new world of thrills.

Learn A New Language.

If you are not doing it for college credits, learning a foreign language can be quite the fun.

Perhaps you might end up traveling around the world someday. It won't hurt if you picked up on one or two new language(s) during your free time in school.

Plus wouldn't it just be great if your resume states that you know other languages?