Hit TV Shows From The Past Get Revived On Netflix

Netflix knows their stuff

10

It is no secret that pretty much everyone has a Netflix account, and everyone is always binge-watching a new show. So when it was decided that our favorite shows from the past were going to come back on Netflix, account holders went wild and those who didn’t have an account made sure they got one beforehand.

Take for example Fuller House: Full House was a family favorite from when it first aired, to when the younger generation watched it at night before they went to bed. So, they decided it was a good idea to bring it back on Netflix for what the creators thought was only going to be a chunk of episodes. However, (like I could have guessed it would,) it took off, and viewers were asking for a “season 2” and more episodes. Fans of the show were dying to see where Dj and the rest of her families story continued. Once they brought back Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky, it was pretty clear that this show would be a hit.

Even the little worry about Michelle not coming back quickly faded, because through the sarcastic remarks from writers, they looked past their refusal to return through humor and fans loved it.

So now after the success of Fuller House, writers of television shows became inspired. For example Gilmore Girls, another very popular television series from the past cam back this November with a Netflix revival and it was just as successful (if not more so,) as Fuller House. Fans went crazy just to be back in Stars Hollow, one more time.

Netflix revivals have also been popular not to bring back old cancelled shows, but to save ones that have just recently been cancelled. Arrested Development was cancelled by Fox after three very successful seasons, and picked up by Netflix for a fourth, and it getting ready for a fifth. They also revived Trailer Park Boys, Longmire,(information I learned from fortune.com) and I’m sure those are just the ones that aren’t working behind the scenes in the minds of Netflix producers.

So what is it about Netflix that makes them so sure. Sure enough to bring back shows from many years ago, and sure enough to bring back shows that were cancelled from big name television networks like Fox. Well, it doesn’t hurt that they have a ridiculous amount of subscribers paying ten dollars (give or take a few) every month, to watch the same shows over and over again.

It is no doubt that they are confident in their streaming process and rightfully so, but it amazes me as to how they just pick up where others left off. Whether it be for a predicted chunk of episodes or more whole seasons worth of episode, if Netflix is sure they can make something of fan favorites, then they will. I admire that in a way, the way that Netflix producers are willing to bring back what was lost in the television world, and whether or not it is to make money or to really make people happy we will probably never know, but what we do know is that Netflix will probably be helping us out for a while.

Fuller House, Gilmore Girls, Arrested Development, these are not the first, and they are definitely not the last shows that Netflix decides to bring back. So for now while we wait for our old favorite to potentially make its return, we can say thanks to Netflix and binge watch Uncle Jesse say “Have Mercy” for a couple more seasons.