Hillary Clinton Is The Projected Democratic Nominee

The glass ceiling is only months away from breaking.

14
abcnews.com

Tuesday, April 26th, 2016 will be a day that Bernie Sanders will never forget for the rest of his life, for that was the day his chance at the presidency evaporated. After winning by a healthy margin in the empire state, Hillary went into Tuesday's contests with a huge momentum advantage. But not only that, she was leading in all of the polls. The Hillary camp had high expectations for Tuesday's contests and boy, did they exceed them.

Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland each held their primaries on Tuesday and Bernie Sanders needed to win huge to even think about reaching the White House, but instead, he lost hugely. The final outcomes were as follows:

Pennsylvania: Clinton 56 percent - Sanders 44 percent, Connecticut: Clinton 52 percent - Sanders 46 percent, Rhode Island: Clinton 43 percent - Sanders 55 percent, Deleware: Clinton 60 percent - Sanders 39 percent, Maryland: Clinton 63 percent - Sanders 33 percent.

The night ended with Clinton walking away with 214 pledged delegates and Sanders walking away with 160 pledged delegates. Going into Tuesday night's contests, Clinton had a 253 pledged delegate lead over Sanders, but after the night was over, Clinton ended with a 307 pledged delegate lead, thus making the Senator's strand of wins in March utterly pointless. Secretary Clinton's over 300 pledged delegate lead is back, making it nearly impossible for the the Senator to win a majority of pledged delegates. Sanders must now win over 80 percent of all remaining delegates in order to cross the threshold of 2383, while Secretary Clinton only needs 18 percent of all remaining delegates.

Senator Sanders has yet to concede, for he believes every voter in every state should have the right to vote for him if they wish, but after Hillary Clinton crosses the threshold on June the 7th, it will then be time for Sanders to concede. Sanders has made the point that he will try to win over the support of the super delegates, but without the momentum of wins, the majority of pledged delegates and the winner of the popular vote, it is in his wildest dreams that this will happen.

Technically, Clinton could lose every remaining sate by huge margins of 60-40 or even 70-30 and still cross the threshold on June the 7th. In reality though, Clinton is leading in the polls in Indiana, New Jersey and California. This has been a good, hard-fought race that all Democrats should be proud of, for it has brought our issues to light. But the fight is over, and Hillary has this nomination in the bag. The glass ceiling is only months away from breaking.